Sick Lessons

Friday, March 04, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

We ended up taking Ashlynn to the ER on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, where she was diagnosed with Influenza A.  We’ve now all been put on the Tamiflu.

Lessons Learned from the Littles While Sick:

  • If we have to share toys, we need to share germs too.  (Never more apparent than when Reagan stuck her pacifier in Ashlynn’s mouth.)Younger2
  • If medicine helps, then a double dose is even better.  (Unbeknownst to the other, Devyn managed to weasel a dose of chewable, grape-flavored Children’s tylenol out of Mom and Dad.  This has now been remedied with only one of us administering medicine.)
  • Dressing up is an instant pick-me-up, even in the midst of being sick.  (The girls keep breaking out the dresses, and Hudson is not without his cowboy hat.  Please ignore the poor quality of my Blackberry camera.)DresssingUp
  • Kleenex is the new must-have toy.  (Kleenex has been used as a red carpet, a blanket, and even doll clothes.)
  • There’s no need for baths when steam showers are involved.  (Hudson feels that since they’re having steam showers on a regular basis, that’s all the clean he needs.  Ha!)HudsonAshlynn

We’re doing ok around here.  It seems like every time we take 2 steps forward, we take another step back.  We’re still battling runny noses, intermittent fevers, and hacking coughs.  It’s a nasty bug.  But hey, a family that’s sick together, sticks together, right?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
AndreaLeigh
AUTHOR
9:44 AM delete

I'm so sorry you are battling germs. Poor Miss A! How are you feeling?

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
2:38 PM delete

Poor babies. :(
Hope everyone is on the mend and quickly!

I meant to tell you as well - would you mind updating my blog url - it's now www.maryhess.com - the link you have under "Audience of One" doesn't work any more. :) Thanks, friend!

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
5:14 PM delete

ugh, Jenn we've been going through the same thing. Austin and I were really sick then as soon as I got over it, Bella introduced it to me again. It's been an awesome time to say the least. meh.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:26 PM delete

We've been praying for you guys all week. Elliana keeps saying "all my cousins are sick... that makes me sad." I'm hoping you're all over this very soon.

Reply
avatar
3:34 PM delete

Hope everyone is on the mend!

Reply
avatar