Not so innocent and sweet.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 8 Comments A+ a-

reagan1While I hate it when our Littles fight with each other, I can’t help but find humor in some of it.  Hudson and Reagan are especially bad.  I don’t know if it’s the close proximity of their age or what, but more often than not, those two are usually going at it. 

At some point during the day, the following conversation WILL happen and inevitably, the two of them will end up in timeouts in opposite places of the hallway for two reasons.  One, because they simply need a break from each other and two, Mama is trying desperately not to burst into laughter.

Hudson will ask, “Mama, can I have a snack?”

Reagan walks up to him and with the sweetest smile on her face replies, “No.”

Hudson (getting in her face) yells, “Yes!”

She smiles sweetly back at him and without raising her voice a smidge, responds. “No.”

Hudson, with clenched fists at his sides and his face coloring red in anger, reacts.  “I’m asking Mama, Reagan.  Not you!”

And with the same smile and calm demeanor, Reagan says again, “No.”

Its at this point that I’ve given up trying to reason with either of them.  “Reagan, stop teasing your brother.”  “Hudson, she’s just trying to get a reaction out of you.”  And I simply take both by the arm and lead them to their time out spots. 

There are times I’ll look back over my shoulder to see that same sweet, innocent smile on Reagan’s face.  She has already learned how to use that smile as a way to goad her big brother.

And it works.

Every time.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Tammy
AUTHOR
3:20 PM delete

LOL......... Too funny. Love the picture you posted:)

Tammy M

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
3:22 PM delete

I laughed again reading this story. She is such a spit fire!

Reply
avatar
7:51 PM delete

Aww this is precious, my goodness!!! And those two boys, darling :)

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
8:00 PM delete

Sounds all too familiar!

I love your new blog look...very snazzy!!

Reply
avatar
Jaime
AUTHOR
8:35 PM delete

Hehehe----We have this same problem in our house. Cosette is six, and I STILL haven't convinced her that half the time, her brother only wants a reaction!

Reply
avatar
2:47 PM delete

haha - this is too cute! :)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:40 PM delete

That story is just hilarious!! =) It's so funny how she DOES it!! Sweetly, with a smile, KNOWING what she is doing.....Ah, yes, the teen years will be fun!!! =)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar