The Internet Made Me Do It

Thursday, March 24, 2011 22 Comments A+ a-

So Wednesday morning I logged into Twitter to find that I’d been volunteered to partake in a community vlog.  Lets get one thing straight, I’ve never had any desire to vlog, and this just completely reinforces that feeling.  But since Kodi, Whitney, Jenn, Jillian, and Angie decided I was doing it, I couldn’t find a way out of it.  Trust me, I tried.  Last I’d heard, Niki, Leah, and Ashley were joining in too.  Anyone was welcome to join us.

We decided that we’d all answer 3 questions and then post the videos to our blogs.  So please, go visit those ladies.  If I have to be subjected to internet scrutiny, then they do too!

Questions:

  1. If you won $30,000, what would you do with it?
  2. What does  breakfast, lunch, and dinner look like for you on a normal day?
  3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Confessions:

  1. I actually put on make-up, which is not something I normally do when we’re sticking around the house all day.
  2. I absolutely used Ashlynn in the video with me on purpose.  I thought perhaps all eyes would be on her, instead of me.
  3. I think the outtakes are 10x more funny than the vlog.  Fortunately, I’m in charge of those and they will never see the light of day.

Without further ado, my 1st vlog.

My 1st Vlog, March 24, 2011

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

22 comments

Write comments
Ashley E.
AUTHOR
10:18 PM delete

I love this!!!!!! If I can get brave enough, I want to do one too!!! And you are so cute!!!! Haha I laughed out loud several times, and Ashlynn is PRECIOUS!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:39 PM delete

You are a braver woman than me, Munchkin!! MUCH braver!! =) I think the Disney World vacation sounds great--when can we plan it??! =)
Love you, Mom

Reply
avatar
Niki
AUTHOR
11:12 PM delete

I love it! Still a little shocked I did this too!

Reply
avatar
11:34 PM delete

this is too cute!! i love it
i want to do a vblog someday

Miss A is a cutie

Reply
avatar
Leah
AUTHOR
11:40 PM delete

You're a good vlogger! : ) I don't ever remember to eat breakfast either, and I totally eat baby leftovers too. You don't seem like a temper person at all, but I'll take your word for it. ; )

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
3:02 AM delete

Loved seeing you on video!! You did great!

Reply
avatar
5:02 AM delete

I think this is so cute! You didn't stutter at all like I would :)

When I did a vlog of my giveaway winner last year, I just had McKayla do it for me - she loved it! ha!

And lady - sit down and eat your own meals!! :) haha!!

Reply
avatar
jenn
AUTHOR
5:42 AM delete

you did FABULOUS Jenn :o)

you are a natural!!
loved hearing your voice...

and i too struggle w/my temper :(

love ya friend!

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
6:07 AM delete

I loved this! Its so neat to hear what you sound like :)

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
6:13 AM delete

I do not believe that you have a temper!! :) And little baby girl is so adorable!!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
6:15 AM delete

Jeremy and I are laughing at you!!! Jk :) but seriously, good job using Ashlynn as a prop I totally stared at her the majority of the time since she's soooo cute! And your temper... If I could change something about you that's what I would choose too ;)

Reply
avatar
Jenna
AUTHOR
6:53 AM delete

Love it!!! And this sounds weird but your voice sounds just like what I pictured!!

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
7:17 AM delete

I love you....you are so cute! I think your hair is adorable...I know you think it is too short, but I love it!

I could use an alone vacay w/ the hubs too. Maybe I'll win the lotto soon...ha!

Reply
avatar
Whitney
AUTHOR
7:21 AM delete

LOVE it!!! :)

Your voice is exactly how I imagined it sounding. Thanks for doing this Jenn! Love you, sweet friend.

Reply
avatar
Mom2One
AUTHOR
8:01 AM delete

How stinkin' cute is that??? I would feel completely ridiculous doing a vlog....lol I laugh at myself when I hear my voice played back on a video talking to my lil' man, muchless seeing myself....WOW! Kuddos to you girl!!!!! =)

I throughly enjoyed your vlog. You should do it again!!

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
10:00 AM delete

Cool! Loved being able to hear what you sound like! :)))

Reply
avatar
Mrs. D
AUTHOR
10:09 AM delete

I LOOOOVED this. You're so adorable & so is the babe!!

Reply
avatar
Kodi
AUTHOR
10:51 AM delete

YOU DID GREAT! You seemed so much more comfortable than I did! And your hair is cute so shut up about it already. ;)

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
4:46 PM delete

Can I just say the funniest thing ever is that you put "humiliation" as one of the labels for this blog post? Hilarious! By the way, your hair looked fabulous! ;)

Reply
avatar
Lauren
AUTHOR
10:03 PM delete

You are absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love this :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:19 PM delete

Too cute Jenn! Your hair did (does) look fabulous and you did a great job. No need to be embarrassed. Yes, you have a temper but it's gotten SO much better in recent years. I know that you're trying to work on it and it shows. :)

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
10:26 AM delete

I'm not sure what I thought you would sound like, but it's different than I thought! Your voice is so sweet and small, which makes it hilarious that you said you have a bad temper, haha. Yea, that's exactly why I won't Vlog, my family reads it and would totally make fun of me :) you did great though and the baby is soo cute!

Reply
avatar