Hudson’s Part In It All

Monday, March 14, 2011 3 Comments A+ a-

HudsonCollage1Hudson and Devyn ran into his room, shrieking and laughing the entire way.  As I watched Reagan toddle after them, I wondered how this was going to turn out.  Sure enough, as soon as Devyn and Hudson made it to his room, Hudson slammed the door in Reagan’s face.  Shutting her out of their play.

Not ok.

I grabbed Hudson’s hand and told him we were going to have a conversation.  We discussed how God had specifically chosen him (Hudson) to be the big brother for Reagan and how he had a responsibility to take care of her and be the best big brother he could be.

“Do you love Devyn?” I asked him.  And he smiled enthusiastically, and said responded, “Yes!”

“Do you love Ashlynn?”  Again he smiled his infectious smile, “Yeah!”

“And don’t you love Reagan too?” I asked.  Without pausing, he responded.  “Nope.”

Oy vey.

BeforeAfterAnd here is my handsome son, without the mop on his head.  He has always hated getting his hair cut.  Every trip to the salon resulted in a huge fit, and my trying to physically hold him down while the stylist attempted to cut his hair.  At one place, we were even asked not to return.  Talk about feeling like the biggest failure of a mother…

Jon attempted hair cuts at home, but those got just as ugly.  And even Aunt Holly attempted hair cuts too.  It had gotten to the point that a thin layer of sweat broke out across my forehead and down my back every time he needed a haircut.

I’m not sure what happened, but today there was a major breakthrough and Hudson did a spectacular job at the hair salon.  He wouldn’t allow the razor to come near his ears or neck, but the rest of the haircut went so smoothly.  I was so proud of my Little Man!  I’d forgotten how handsome he is with shorter hair!

And I don’t mind admitting in the slightest that bribery may have been involved.  McDonald’s seemed to work very well!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Dareth
AUTHOR
6:47 PM delete

Love all these stories of your babes!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:13 PM delete

We have to bribe Elliana sometimes. It works and a mom just knows what will work sometimes. Love the haircut and the stories. :)

Reply
avatar
5:34 PM delete

ha! McDonald's sounds good to me :)

Reply
avatar