Change of Plans

Monday, March 28, 2011 6 Comments A+ a-

Sunday plans involved brunch with Mom and the sisters, followed by a bridal show, in downtown Denver.  I joked with Jon that Christine’s water was SO going to break while we were down there.  So I went to bed with visions of bacon and white dresses dancing around in my head.

At 6:00am, my phone rang.  As I clumsily reached for the phone in the dark, I heard Jon mumble, “Its Christine.  She’s in labor.”  Sure enough it was my mom on the other end, telling me Christine’s water had broken.  As I wiped the sleep from my eyes and stumbled into the bathroom to get ready, Jon started my car for me, then proceeded to nag me to get out the door.  Based on how fast she had Elliana, we knew that it was just a matter of time before Ethan made his arrival.

Yet when I arrived at the hospital, I was the first one there and was alone for about 10 minutes.  I spent those 10 minutes silently cursing Jon as I thought about the makeup I could’ve put on or the Starbucks I could’ve stopped to buy.  But when the elevator doors opened, and I saw the family of three, I was happy that I could take Elliana off their hands while they got Christine situated.

We sat in the waiting room for about two hours.  We read the newspaper, got on Facebook and Twitter, chased Elliana up and down the hospital halls, read text updates from Caleb’s mom, laughed at my mom in her scrubs, all while sipping on our delicious Starbucks.  (Thank you, Courtney!)

When we were invited to come see him through the nursery window, we didn’t hesitate.  It was there that we all got our first glimpse of this gorgeous baby boy, my first nephew.  I can tell you that I’ve already fallen head over heels in love with that little Mister.  And when I watched Elliana kiss him through the glass, my heart fell even harder.  Sigh.  I am so happy for my sister and her new family of four.

Welcome to the world, Ethan James.EthanCollage

PS  Doesn’t Ashlynn look huge next to her cousin?  Its amazing how much they change in 4 months!Cousins

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
4:23 AM delete

Great photos, Jenn! Congratulations on your handsome new nephew!

Reply
avatar
katherinebee
AUTHOR
7:47 AM delete

Congrats Auntie! He's adorable!

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
8:10 AM delete

Yay! I LOVE the top right photo of Christine and Ethan rihht after he was born...beautiful <3

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
8:31 AM delete

The top right picture is sooo sweet! Love it, congrats Christine! =)

Reply
avatar
Gracie Rae
AUTHOR
9:02 AM delete

Congrats, Auntie! He is adorable! Yay to having your first nephew!

Reply
avatar
2:31 PM delete

aww, that is so exciting! congrats to all of you, what a great auntie you are! and so sweet and wonderful that the littles have a cousin to grow up with! cute pics! :)

Reply
avatar