A Bit of This and That

Friday, March 18, 2011 6 Comments A+ a-

Earlier this week, Devyn decided that she wanted to discuss her career goals at midnight, then again at 5:30am.  She decided that she wants to be an animal doctor and a baby doctor. 

“Mama, what’s a baby doctor called?” she asked me.

“A pediatrician,” I responded, while stifling a yawn.

“That word is too hard for me to say,” she decided.  “I’m just going to call myself a baby doctor.” 

**********************

We are on week three of this cold/flu/sinus infection and I am so over it.  I’m ready to kick it to the curb.

Right now, Devyn and I are the worst.  My head feels like its exploding from this sinus infection.  And my eyes are on strike from contacts since they’re so irritated.  The glasses have taken their place, which would be fine but I have repressed bad memories from junior high.

**********************

During our same conversation at midnight, Devyn decided that she can’t wait to babysit her siblings so Jon and I can go on a date.  It was really quite sweet as she told me what she would do and say.

“But Mama, you’ll have to make dinner before you leave because I don’t know how to do that.” 

And Christine and Caleb, be prepared.  She’s fully planning to babysit Elliana and Ethan too, so “You can all go on a date together.  Do you think Stine will like that?”  I’m sure she will, Love.

**********************

I have recently posted two new recipes to our What’s For Dinner site.  I finally posted a chili recipe that my friend Annie gave me.  Its so easy and delicious!  I get many compliments whenever I make it.  The other recipe is Vodka Sauce Pasta.  I made it last night and Hudson cleaned his plate in seconds flat!

**********************

Yesterday, Devyn decided to add “Hairdresser” to her career goals.  She’s going to be a busy woman.

**********************

I’m currently giving Munchkin Land Designs a complete overhaul and makeover.  To say that I’m in love with the new design is an understatement!  I hope to have the big reveal in a couple of weeks, but I’m having to work on it in bits and pieces, in-between working on clients’ designs.  Its completely different from what the design I’ve had for almost 2 years. 

**********************

Jon’s V-Day surgery went well and he’s finally starting to feel like himself again.  Its times like these that I wish he had his own blog because to hear his stories from the day is hysterical!  Apparently the vas deferens were a little deeper than normal and the doctor had to do a bit of “digging” to find them and cut them.  Unfortunately Jon felt most of it and had to get additional numbing shots.  Poor guy!

If anyone had told me I’d be talking man parts on my blog, I’d have died.

**********************

“And when I become a mama, I’ll stay home with my kids and design.”

**********************

Hudson allowed me to take him for a haircut this week.  Anyone that knows us knows what a HUGE accomplishment this was for him!

Hudson has a hate-hate relationship  with haircuts.  He kicks, screams, and throws an overall tantrum any time someone tries, we were even asked to not come back at one hair salon.  (Yay me!  Mother of the year for sure!)  Even Aunt Holly and Daddy have tried on numerous occasions.  To no avail.

But this time he sat incredibly still in my lap the entire time!  What?!?  Of course, no clippers were allowed, but the the hairdresser used scissors and managed to clean up the messy mop of hair.

**********************

And with that, I’d better go.  Hudson and Devyn are currently in a screaming match over who gets to hold Ashlynn next.  Sigh.  A mother’s job is never done.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Lauren
AUTHOR
12:40 PM delete

Hi Hi friend!!! :) Forgive me for it’s taking me so long to stop by here, but alas… I’m here and you shall not get rid of me!! Ha!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
2:33 PM delete

Love this post! Devyn cracks me up-she IS going to be one busy girl, I mean lady.
We would love to have her babysit... in about 6 years. :) I have no doubt she'll be a great babysitter. She's so sweet to think of us!

Reply
avatar
Gracie Rae
AUTHOR
2:40 PM delete

Wow, Devyn has many aspirations! Good for her!!! I hope Jon recovers quickly from the big 'v'. The doctor had to dig deep for my husbands too, & he said it was quite uncomfortable! Too bad I didn't have much sympathy after delivering 2 kids! :)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
12:34 AM delete

This post is so cute, and so real....the little moments of life with children that just make your heart melt. It goes sooo fast, honey.....treasure it as much as you can. Savor the moments, and thank God for them...
I love you, Mom

Reply
avatar
12:59 PM delete

Devyn is going to be one busy little lady when she grows up! Love hearing their stories :)

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
12:58 PM delete

I was just thinking I needed the link to your recipe blog...thanks for sharing it! I shall be stalking it!

I love love love reading about your family and kids!

I can't wait to see the new design!! You are so talented.

Reply
avatar