All Reagan, All The Time

Sunday, March 20, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

TomboyReaganIf I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a dozen times.  Reagan needs her own reality show.  She is hysterical!  I can’t begin to tell you how often I think to myself, “If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it!”

Today she was at the top of her game…

She’s hit a “nekkid” phase.  She loves being nude.  Loves it!  Often times I’ll get her from her nap to find that she’s taken off her shirt.  All by herself.

This evening, before dinner, she stripped herself of shirt, pants, and shoes, and ran through the house screaming, “Nekkid!  Nekkid!  Nekkid!”

And if any of you have seen her run, you’re dying from laughter at the image.

*********************************

Reagan, Ashlynn, and I made a trip to Walmart today for more medicine.  (Yes, we’re still sick.)  Since I had Ashlynn in the sling and no other Littles to worry about, I thought it would be ok to let Reagan walk on her own.  It was the first time we wandered the store without her being in the cart. 

And the last. 

Every time I went to grab her hand, she screamed at the top of her lungs, “Owie, owie, OWIE!”  I swear everyone thought I was abusing my poor, innocent baby with the big blue eyes and blond curls. 

But letting her walk by herself proved even harder.  She wandered the aisles and stopped to peruse every. single. item. in the store.  She even paused by the yarn and cradled the softness like a baby.

When I tried to push her along, I waved at her and said “Bye-bye” to see if that would encourage her to hurry up.  But she soon caught on and the last time I tried that she simply smiled at me, waved, and responded in kind.

“Bye, Mama.”

Then she turned and ran in the other direction.

*********************************

In a word (or two or three), she’s a pistol.  And she exhausts me.

PS  Despite its blurriness, I adore this picture of my Irish girl.  The Princess dress, Daddy’s ball cap, and marker all over her face.  Its Reagan in a nutshell.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Kamma
AUTHOR
7:56 AM delete

SOOO CUTE!!

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
7:57 AM delete This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
10:08 AM delete

She sounds like a mess! A super fun, cute one, of course :)

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
10:50 AM delete

Oh goodness...Reagan sounds like a girl that would definitely keep anyone on their toes.
But she definitely looks so adorable!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:21 PM delete

I don't think she could be any cuter if she tried. I showed Caleb that picture of her and we both gushed about how cute she is. Big personality and all.

Reply
avatar