Scripture Memory Verse 3

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4 Comments A+ a-

I’m moving on from Isaiah 43:1-3 and into the New Testament.  I thought I knew what verse I was going to do on the 1st of February, but another scripture came to my attention through Priscilla Shirer’s study.  So the verse I had in mind will be moved to the 15th of this month.  My 3rd verse:

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10, NLT

Isn’t it amazing that we are considered His masterpiece?!  Out of all creation, He considers us HIS masterpiece?!  Such a humbling thought… And He has a plan for us, a plan that is unique as we are.  Such a great reminder for me.

Ephesians210As well as writing the scripture down in my notebook, I’m also writing it on the chalkboard in our kitchen.  I love seeing it out of the corner of my eye during my numerous trips through the kitchen during my day.  Most of my memorization happens while I prepare meals, or waiting for the coffee to brew.  It works for me.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
11:04 AM delete

I have all of my verses typed up and taped to my computer screen at work so I can memorize through the day. I can't imagine how my office space is going to look by the end of the year, I'll be lucky if I can see the screen!
I like your new verse by the way!

Reply
avatar
4:46 PM delete

What a great verse! I may have to borrow it!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:46 PM delete

I like your new verse too, Munchkin!! =) I'm so glad that it's helping us memorize scripture!! And it's neat how the verses for each of us are meeting us at our place in life. Keep striving, honey.....=)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:57 PM delete

You girls are so smart! What a great idea to put that verse there Jenn.

Reply
avatar