Mucha Expectativa

Friday, February 18, 2011 8 Comments A+ a-

tripOn Christmas morning I opened Courtney’s Christmas gift and wondered what the sheet of paper would say about my gift.  To my complete and utter surprise, it was a poem detailing a trip that the two of us will be taking together.  I looked between her and Jeremy, her husband, to ensure that it wasn’t a joke.  After all, this was above and beyond our $25 gift exchange limit.  A lot above.  From the look on her face, like the cat that had swallowed the canary, it was obvious that Courtney and I were going away for a girls weekend.

IMG_1068And not just any girls weekend.  A girls weekend that involves these two beautiful ladies!  You can read about our various meet-ups these past few years here, and here, and here, and here.  And here

During the first time Amy and I met, we couldn’t help but think that her sister and mine would be great friends.  They were both the babies of the family, both college students (at the time), and seemed very similar in personality.  They “friended” each other on Facebook, started talking through emails, got married within a year of each other, and finally made a date for coffee when Kelsey was passing through Colorado.  Sure enough, when the two of them finally met face-to-face, they hit it off as well as Amy and I did.  The four of us may have met through blogging, but you’d never know it from the texts and phone calls and emails that now happen. 

Courtney booked the tickets just a few weeks ago and we’re set to go over Memorial Day weekend.  Amy and Kelsey and Courtney and I, two pairs of sisters that wished we lived close enough to do life together in the day-to-day, and a weekend all to ourselves. 

I am so excited to hug them both again!  They truly are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside.  And a weekend alone with my baby sister makes it all the sweeter.

I can’t wait! 

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Kerbi
AUTHOR
10:04 AM delete

How fun! I can't wait to meet up with some blogging friends!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
11:30 AM delete

So much fun!!

Reply
avatar
3:39 PM delete

What a fun trip! Awesome sister and gift :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:47 AM delete

I'm a little jealous. :)
Isn't it crazy how we meet friends these days?! Got to love the blogging/ facebook world. You four are going to have a blast!

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
8:52 PM delete

Oh Jenn, I am SO looking forward to our girls weekend!! This has been a long time coming and I know we are going to have such a blast! Sisters and friends all in one weekend...what could be better? :)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:39 PM delete

I think you guys are going to have a wonderful time!! =) Hope that you four girls do all the fun things that you want to do...
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
4:04 PM delete

YAY!!! I'm SO excited for that weekend!

Reply
avatar