Begging Time to Stop

Saturday, February 12, 2011 6 Comments A+ a-

Someone is becoming more aware of her world.  And she’s the center of ours.Picnik collage 

Quick Update on Miss Ashlynn.

At her two month check-up she is weighing 9 pounds, 4 ozs, and is 21 inches long, which puts her in the 10th percentile for weight and 19th percentile for height.  Our largest baby at that age.  She does seem especially long to us.

Ashlynn is wearing size 1 diapers and is just now starting to grow out of her size Newborn clothes.  She can still wear a few Newborn outfits, but size 0-3 month clothes fit her better now.

She is our gassiest baby, and I have to burp after each feeding, something I rarely had to do with her siblings.  I even had to cut pizza out of my diet, which makes me especially sad.  I love pizza.  I can eat all the ingredients separately with no problem, but if I eat a pizza we can bet the following night will be a tough one.  Sometimes its worth it, most times its not.

She’s a pretty easy-going baby, but has her fussy times.  Usually in the evening and night.  She loves her daddy and he’s the one that can calm her down the easiest.

She is really starting to interact with all of us more!  Jon and I were a bit worried about her eye contact at her last check-up, but within the past week we have noticed a huge difference.  She recognizes voices now, especially mine, and will turn her head to find us from across the room.  My favorite time is our nursing times, especially now that she likes to lock eyes and smile at me as we share our secrets.

When she was first born, she was the spitting image of Devyn.  It was like looking at Devyn’s twin.  But as she grows older, she’s turning into her own person.  I still see a strong resemblance of Devyn, but I also see some Reagan too.  Her eyes seem to be getting lighter, not darker like I’d hoped.  She still has dark hair and a cowlick that just won’t quit.  See?cowlickAshlynncollage

I could spend hours nuzzling on her neck.  Its truly the softest, sweetest-smelling spot in the whole world and I’m getting nothing done because I can’t put her down.  I’m so in love with her and savoring each and every moment!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:31 AM delete

she's precious Jenn! That first picture in the series of four, she looks JUST. LIKE. JON! Wow, he's got a strong gene pool! But I think your kids favor your family in the eye department;).

Reply
avatar
12:43 PM delete

What a sweet post :)

Reply
avatar
Jess
AUTHOR
11:01 PM delete

What a cutie! And I agree that she looks just like Jon in the first picture!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
9:14 AM delete

She's getting more beautiful by the day! Ahh, makes want another, like NOW!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:01 PM delete

Too funny, I was about to comment that in the first picture in the collage of four she is TOTALLY making a Jon face, but it looks like others beat me to it. I'm loving getting to know Ashlynn more too. Just love her.

Reply
avatar
Jillian
AUTHOR
10:41 AM delete

She is adorable!!

Reply
avatar