Baby, Its Cold Outside

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 6 Comments A+ a-

Why, yes, that does read -21 degrees. That's what my van read at 7:00 this morning when we dropped Jon off at work. And now we're on day #2 of no school. There's not even a dusting of snow on the ground, but the local school districts have called "cold" days on account of temps being too cold to venture outside.

Tomorrow its supposed to be 36 degrees. It'll be balmy compared to these past couple of days.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
9:10 AM delete

I don't call that cold. FREEZING is more like it!

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
9:42 AM delete

Yeah its cold here in TX too!

Reply
avatar
Angie
AUTHOR
12:10 PM delete

Oh my word...I feel silly for mentioning our -2. Wow, it's like you guys are living in a walk in freezer!! Brrr!

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
8:00 PM delete

OH. MY. WORD!!!! While it is cold in my little mountain town in NC.....I don't think I've ever expirienced -21.....wow.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:56 PM delete

and to think less than 1 week ago we had a high of 61 degrees. Got to love our state!

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
10:04 PM delete

It totally was in the 60s last week. What a weird little state we live in! Hope you're staying warm!

Reply
avatar