4 Years Old

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11 Comments A+ a-

He's turning 4 years old today. And even though it was four years ago, I remember like it was yesterday. He was four days overdue, two days from being induced, and as miserable as I was, I was just so thankful he made it past Valentine's Day. I did not want a Valentine's baby.

We're having a quiet celebration tonight and the Chuck E. Cheese party this weekend. But Devyn has gone above and beyond to ensure that Hudson is having a special day.

First she made him a "cake" of turkey, shredded cheese, and raisins layered between slices of bread. She put it in the (unheated) oven for 50 minutes, then frosted it with a homemade frosting of powdered sugar, milk, blue food coloring, and baking powder. Yummy! (Or not.)

She then poured Hudson a cup of milk, added blue food coloring, and declared it "Hudson's Birthday Drink". To which Hudson replied that, "Its the best drink EVER!"

I'm thankful for a girl who wants to make her brother's day special. I'm not, however, thankful for the mess she made without asking permission first. Le sigh. I'll pick my battles and this isn't one of them.

Happy Birthday, Little Man! I hope its a wonderful day, blue milk and all!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

11 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
12:12 PM delete

That cracked me up so much!! Did Hudson actually eat the "cake"?!?

Reply
avatar
12:26 PM delete

Happy Birthday Hudson

Reply
avatar
AndreaLeigh
AUTHOR
12:28 PM delete

oh, how sweet that she wants to make his day special! his birthday sandwich sounds quite disgusting though. ha!

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
1:11 PM delete

Happy birthday adorable Hudson!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
4:46 PM delete

I LOVED this! Your kids crack me up. I love that Devyn loves her brother so much and has taken it upon herself to make his day special. Even if his cake does sound gross. ;-) Happy Birthday Hudson!!

Reply
avatar
A Cajun Belle
AUTHOR
7:03 PM delete

Happy birthday to your little girl! How sweet of his sister to make his day special!

Reply
avatar
7:39 PM delete

How sweet of Devyn! She sounds sooo much like McKayla! I wish they could meet someday :)

Happy Birthday to your only boy!

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
8:34 PM delete

Could be worse - she could have turned the oven on!

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
8:30 AM delete

love it! Happy Birthday Hudson!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:36 PM delete

SOO cute!! Happy 4th Birthday to our little man! It's precious that Devyn wanted to make his day so special!!=)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
12:54 PM delete

Happy (belated) Birthday to Hudson! He is similar in age to my oldest daughter was born on 1.23.07! I found your blog through your sister's blog & I am now following! I have 2 sisters & we are very close also, so I love how close you guys are! :)

Reply
avatar