Scripture Memory 2011

Monday, January 03, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

I am feeling motivated in 2011 and the clean slate it brought with it.  This year I’ve decided to participate in the Living Proof Ministries Scripture Memory Challenge.  We’ve been challenged to memorize two scriptures a month, sharing our verse on the 1st and the 15th of each month.  And that, my friends, is a lot of bible stored in my mind and soul.  I can’t wait!

I realize I’m already two days late but I’m going to go ahead and share my verse(s) for the month of January.  Its actually three verses long, so this will probably count for the whole month of January.

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
   the Holy One of Israel, your Savior”

Isaiah 43:1-3, NIV

I’m claiming this scripture over all the situations, worries, and anxieties in my life right now.  I have a powerful and mighty God!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
11:26 AM delete

I'm excited to start the challenge too! I already have the first one memorized and am trying to find the second one for January. Hopefully we can help keep each other accountable.

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
11:50 AM delete

I am doing the scripture memory as well. The verse you chose has been a life-changer for me! I love God's Word!!!

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
12:22 PM delete

So excited you girls are doing this too! My Mom and I did it a year ago and went to Houston to celebrate with Beth Moore last Jan! It was awesome! How neat would it be if we could all go for Jan 2012?!? And how encouraging that we are all committing to this for the year!

Reply
avatar
aggiejenn
AUTHOR
4:44 PM delete

I'm doing it, too, and am excited. I chose the verses you've chosen two years ago, and they meant a GREAT deal to me in 2009. He is so faithful!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:54 PM delete

I LOVE the verses that you chose. I actually know a song that covers most of those verses and it helps me to remember them.
I'm even farther behind than you, but I plan on doing this too.
P.S. The new blog design is beautiful!

Reply
avatar