Scripture Memory 2011 - Verse 2

Saturday, January 15, 2011 3 Comments A+ a-

I memorized the first part of Isaiah 43:1-3 during the first half of January.
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you."
And now I'm memorizing the second part.
"When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior"
This is going to be so good for me, I can already feel a difference in my attitude and demeanor.  And as I come across other scriptures, I look at them so differently, trying to decide if I want to include that verse in my 24 verses this year.  I think I have my verse for February 1st, but I'm still looking.  What's your favorite verse?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Beth
AUTHOR
9:18 AM delete

I definitely know that it's helping my attitude. I haven't decided on my second verse yet, but I will later today & I'll tweet it to you. =)
I love that chapter in Isaiah, by the way. It's one of my absolute favorites. "I have called you by.name." Wild!!
praying for you, siesta friend!

-Beth

Reply
avatar
9:21 AM delete

I might borrow these verses for my list I'm doing of 27 things I want to do while 27! I said I wanted to memorize two verses a month for a year. I may start with these!

Reply
avatar
Kendra
AUTHOR
3:00 PM delete

One of my favorite verses, and the one given to me at my confirmation (yep, I was confirmed Lutheran!) is Romans 12:2.

There are so many good verses to learn! Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar