Getting to Know You

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 4 Comments A+ a-

Tonight was a big night for Miss Ashlynn Rose, it was her longest stretch of awake time yet. It was almost as if she knew that with the older two at Nana and Papa's and Reagan already in bed, she had our undivided attention for a short time and wanted to take advantage of it. She simply looked around at her surroundings for hours, sometimes fussy, sometimes not, but it was obvious she didn't want to close her eyes and miss a thing.

Jon and I are enjoying our youngest so much! He has always been good with babies (though he prefers the 15 months to 2 year age the best), and I think the fact that she's our last is forefront in both our minds. Which we means we are both trying to slow time down and cherish these moments with our last newborn. Tonight was a treat for both of us as she took turns moving from one set of arms to another, staring, cooing, and checking us out. I'm quite certain that Ashlynn has both of us wrapped around her little finger.

She is such an easy baby, fussing only when she's hungry or fighting sleep. She is so easygoing with the siblings who are constantly fighting over her, kissing her, trying to soothe her, and overall smother her with love and affection. Poor thing!

Ashlynn usually wakes twice a night to feed, some times only once a night. She is smiling in her sleep and we've even heard a giggle or two, both of which are as precious as can be.

As for her coloring, its all becoming lighter, the hair, the skin, and again I'm cursing the strong genes on my husband's side. Although I'm still pretty sure her eyes are going to turn brown, they're that dark, dark blue that none of the other three ever had. But I guess time will tell.

Her neck is getting stronger, her awake times longer, and her eyes are starting to follow us around the room. *Gulp* I'm not ready for her to grow and change so fast, I rather enjoy my newborns and wish they could stay that small forever. But I gotta admit, getting to know our baby girl is such an amazing gift and I am so very thankful for her!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Jody
AUTHOR
9:08 AM delete

Awww...She is so cute!

Reply
avatar
Sara
AUTHOR
9:50 AM delete

She is amazing, do cherish this time, but at least you babies stay little for a while! I bet Devin is already as big as Rea! I can't wit to see you in an hour!!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:47 PM delete

I love her. She is so sweet. I can't believe how quickly she's growing either, it makes me sad. She's just so precious Jenn.

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
11:19 PM delete

She is gorgeous!! Are you still breastfeeding? That's really awesome if so that you're only up once a night! Gosh, I'm up with K twice a night still! I find myself getting a little teary eyed putting smaller clothes away :(

Reply
avatar