Everything You Will Ever Need

Monday, January 24, 2011 7 Comments A+ a-

We’re currently doing Priscilla Shirer’s “Discerning The Voice of God” bible study.  It has been so good!  But one week’s video stood out above the rest.  Priscilla read a list of all of God’s attributes according to the books of the Bible.  To say it was powerful is an understatement.  It left chills running down my arms and tears in my eyes.  He is everything I will ever need! 
He Is…
In Genesis, He is the Breath of Life.
In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb.
In Leviticus, He is our High Priest.
In Numbers, He is the Fire by Night.
In Deuteronomy, He is Israel’s Guide.
In Joshua, He is Salvation’s Choice.
In Judges, He is Israel’s Guard.
In Ruth, He is our Kinsman Redeemer.
In 1 and 2 Samuel, He is our Trusted Prophet.
In 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Chronicles, He is Sovereign.
In Ezra, He is the True and Faithful Scribe.
In Nehemiah, He is the Rebuilder of Walls and Lives.
In Esther, He is our Courage.
In Job, He is the Timeless Redeemer.
In Psalms, He is our Morning Song.
In Proverbs, He is our Wisdom.
In Ecclesiastes, He is the Time and the Season.
In Song of Solomon, He is the Lover’s Dream.
In Isaiah, He is the Prince of Peace.
In Jeremiah, He is the Weeping Prophet.
In Lamentations, He is the Cry for Israel.
In Ezekiel, He is the Call from Sin.
In Daniel, He is the Stranger in the Fire.
In Hosea, He is the Forever Faithful.
In Joel, He is the Spirit’s Power.
In Amos, He is the Strong Arms That Carry.
In Obadiah, He is the Lord, our Savior.
In Jonah, He is the Great Missionary.
In Micah, He is the Promise of Peace.
In Nahum, He is our Strength and our Shield.
In Habakkuk and Zephaniah, He brings Revival.
In Haggai, He restores that which is lost.
In Zachariah, He is our Fountain.
In Malachi, He is the Son of Righteousness, Rising with Healing in His Hands.
In Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, He is Your God and Your Messiah.
In Acts, He is the Son of God Rising with the Fire of Heaven in His Hands.
In Romans, He is the Grace of God.
In 1 and 2 Corinthians, He is the Power of Love.
In Galatians, He is Freedom from the Curse of Sin.
In Ephesians, He is Glorious Treasure.
In Philippians, He is the Servant’s Heart.
In Colossians, He is God and the Trinity.
In 1 and 2 Thessalonians, He is our Calling King.
In 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon, He is our Mediator and our Faithful Pastor.
In Hebrews, He is the Everlasting Courage.
In James, He is the One Who Will Heal the Sick.
In 1 and 2 Peter, He is our Faithful Shepherd.
In 1, 2 and 3 John and Jude, He is the Lover Coming for His Bride.

And in Revelations…“When time is no more, He was and is and will always be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace, and the Son of Man, the Lamb of God, and the Great I Am. He is the Alpha and Omega and God our Savior. He is Jesus Christ the Lord. I promise you, in Scripture, you will find He is everything that you need. Everything.”

I worked on creating a pdf file to share with the other ladies in our bible study.  Hopefully you can click on this link to download or print the list too.  Please let me know if it doesn’t work for you and if you still want a copy, I'll be happy to email it to you!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:54 AM delete

I just got chills AGAIN reading that list. What a great reminder when we are struggling with issues and problems that seem to big for us to grasp. I would love to memorize this so I can always have it available to me. I don't know how I'm going to be able to memorize that and 24 verses this year. Should be interesting!

Reply
avatar
Sheri
AUTHOR
10:55 AM delete

Amen and Amen! I have never read this... thank you my friend! *Hugs*

Reply
avatar
jenn
AUTHOR
12:15 PM delete

love this -- thank you for sharing!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
5:28 PM delete

This was and is so powerful! I'm so glad you took the time to type it out. I agree, the study has been amazing.

Reply
avatar
Kendra
AUTHOR
10:37 PM delete

Thanks for sharing this. A few years ago I found a similar list by Bob Hostetler in Discipleship Journal and typed it out. I can't find my file anymore, but I found the text online (http://web.me.com/bobhoss/Bob_Hostetler/Praising_the_God_of_the_Bible.html)
I love both lists-and the quick overview they give of how great our God is!

Reply
avatar
Kendra
AUTHOR
10:46 PM delete

I don't think that link posted right. I shortened it here: http://goo.gl/3iHri

Reply
avatar
Nicole
AUTHOR
6:56 PM delete

I did this bible study last year and loved it. I have a copy of this hanging on our fridge. :)

Reply
avatar