3-Year-Old Logic

Monday, January 10, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

Last Friday I had some appointments, one for a facial and the other for a haircut. (By the way, a major shout-out to my father-in-law for the wonderful gift that allowed a spa day for this mama. Thank you!) Unfortunately the stylist didn't understand what I meant when I said "just above the shoulders" and I'm now sporting a very short bob. Not really a fan of the new 'do. But that's beside the point of this post.

Hudson somehow got it into his head that by "appointments" I must have meant doctor appointments.

Yesterday he asked me when I was going back to the doctor to get my hair put back on. I laughed and tried explaining that the doctor didn't do that to my hair, a hair stylist did. I thought I was clear and he understood.

Apparently not...

This morning I told Hudson that we were taking Reagan and Ashlynn to the doctor for check-ups. He started bawling. When I asked him what was wrong, he explained through his tears. "But I don't want the doctor to cut off Ashlynn's hair!"

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:06 AM delete

=) Oh my gosh, you literally just made me laugh out loud at my desk. How cute!!! I wish I was there to hear that

Reply
avatar
10:49 AM delete

It has been a stressful day - thanks for the laugh! :)

Reply
avatar
jenn
AUTHOR
4:28 PM delete

that is hilarious jenn =)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:39 PM delete

Ha ha! That was too cute and hilarious. It made me laugh out loud too. I love your kiddos stories.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:29 PM delete

Too cute for words!!! =)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar