Stopping for Small Moments

Monday, December 27, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

SistersMyHeart

Jon went back to work for the 1st time since Ashlynn was born today.  My house is a wreck.  There are piles of Christmas loot all over the house that need to find homes, I have approximately 3-4 loads of laundry to fold, I’ve yet to shower or get dressed today, and I’m relying a little to much on Devyn to be my little helper.  (If only she wasn’t so good at it!)  I was in the middle of loading the dishwasher when I peeked into the living room to this scene and my heart stopped.  This is what life is all about… a small moment of catching the love between two sisters.  I need to remember to stop for the small moments more often.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Kendra
AUTHOR
3:35 PM delete

Absolutely beautiful! That picture melted my heart and I'm not even their mama! I actually have tears of joy in my eyes. Hope you've been able to make some progress on the domestic front so you can take in many more moments like that and that you're all doing well!

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
3:57 PM delete

too cute Jenn! I can't wait for these moments:). I know my girls will be fighting over hold time, what a great thing to fight about;).

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
4:39 PM delete

This picture is so precious! What beautiful girls you have.

Reply
avatar
Marianne
AUTHOR
5:12 PM delete

LOVE IT my friend. Absolutely LOVE this picture:) You are raising some precious kiddos Jenn-they are learning from an awesome mommy too;)

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
6:24 PM delete

Precious picture! I still can't get over how much they look alike!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:15 PM delete

Devyn is getting so big! What beautiful girls!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:26 AM delete

That picture brought tears to my eyes. Precious, precious!! =) THESE are the moments of life that have no price to them!! Thanks for sharing, honey.
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
9:18 AM delete

Awwww, so sweet!!!

Reply
avatar