The Update I Never Thought Would Be, 40+ Weeks

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5 Comments A+ a-

0000IMG00237-20101130-1719

Here I sit, 40 weeks and 1 (almost 2) day pregnant.  I truly never thought I’d make it to this stage in the game.  I blame Reagan for arriving 2 weeks early, thus spoiling my ability to wait.  But it appears that Ashlynn is more like her older two siblings than Reagan.  Its ok, really it is, and I don’t mind the wait, so long as I have a plan in place.  I would much prefer to do this labor thing naturally and would appreciate all prayers, thoughts, and good wishes for my body to FINALLY go into real labor.  But since I had to be induced with Devyn, I’m fully prepared to go that route too.  Personally, I think she’s going to need a little coaxing to come out, but she could definitely prove me wrong.

How Far Along:

40 weeks and 1 day

Size of Baby:

The average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:

Since I’ve weighed the same these last two weeks, I feel I can say that my total weight gain has been 22 pounds.  Again this is not including the 5-7 pounds I never lost after having Reagan.  So I would say my weight gain is really between 27-29 pounds, which is pretty average for all my pregnancies.

Maternity Clothes:

I’m now yanking on all my shirts to make sure they’re covering every piece of skin possible.  I wish I’d invested in some maternity dresses and leggings.  Those would’ve helped a lot, I’m sure, and they look so comfortable too.

Gender:

Our baby girl, Ashlynn Rose.

Movement:

Still moving, still trying to break a rib or two.  She is most active at night, which often keeps me awake.

What I Miss:

Rolling over in bed without heaving my body up and over.  Seriously.

Sleep:

See the last two questions.

Symptoms:

I have been stuck at 4cm dilated for the past 3+ weeks, but she has moved from –2 to 0 station within the past week.  Yes!  Only 3 more stations to go!  (If this is utterly confusing to you, I’d like to direct you to this site.  This does not come without some warning, childbirth information will be seen.)

Best Moment This Week:

Date night with Jon.  Actually, once I finished date nights with the kids, Jon asked when it was his turn and tonight we had a wonderful dinner out, followed by Christmas shopping, and a delicious Peppermint Mocha Starbucks drink.  4 hours of alone time with my hubby, and don’t think I didn’t enjoy every single minute.

What I’m Looking Forward To:

Getting to meet this little girl, once and for all; getting to count her fingers and toes; getting to look into her face; and  getting to know this newest addition to our family.  We wonder if she’ll be Diva or Laidback after all the ups and downs she’s taken us through these past few weeks.

Here’s hoping that she makes her appearance sooner, rather than later.  And I’m still holding out hope that my body will finally go into labor on my own.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:02 AM delete

Oh man. Who would have thought that we would have another Decemeber baby? I'm excited to finally meet her too!

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
9:49 AM delete

I was just thinking how i wanted to see a new pic of you! You look as beautifulmas ever! Still praying... Love you!

Reply
avatar
Marianne
AUTHOR
1:29 PM delete

You are in our prayers chica!! Love you!!

Reply
avatar
MK
AUTHOR
1:52 PM delete

You are so tiny! You haven't gained a pound anywhere but your belly and I am sooo jealous! :) You are beautiful pregnant and so God just wanted you stay that way longer for all of us to see! :) Love you girl, hang in there! Can't wait to meet little Ashlynn!

Reply
avatar
Jen
AUTHOR
4:11 PM delete

Just found your blog! You look amazing for how far along you are; best wishes for the rest of your journey!

Reply
avatar