Stories to Bide the Time

Monday, November 22, 2010 6 Comments A+ a-

Story #1:
Grammy, Jon’s mom, created a new game with the kiddos that involves them trying to convince “Ashlynn” to come out and join them.  They’d chime in, “Come out Ashlynn” and she (Grammie) would respond, “No, I’m all warm and snug inside Mommy.”  Then they’d take turns trying to sweeten the deal…

Hudson:  “We have donuts!”

Hudson:  “We go camping and fishing too!  You’ll like it!”

Devyn:  “And we have pretty great Christmases too!”

Story #2:
Jon and I are currently reading this book and this book in our couples bible study.  Yesterday we curled up on our bed and read aloud the chapters, and Miss Paige decided to join us.  Out of nowhere, she interrupts us, “I know what married means.”

“Oh really?” I ask nonchalantly, and she shakes her head in affirmation.  I continue, “It means that two people fall in love, create a life together, buy a house, and have kids.” 

“But the honeymoon comes first!” she interrupts.

I don’t think I’ve seen Jon go as pale and sweat so fast at the same time before.  Poor guy!

Story #3:
On our way home from bible study, the on-again, off-again contractions were picking up and I was breathing through the worse of them.  Devyn pipes in from the backseat, “Uh oh, Mama has to go to the hospital again!”  Even they know my trips to the hospital for false labor is getting ridiculous.

Story #4:
Reagan has fallen in love with dolls and Barbies recently.  While I remember holding off Barbies as long as I could with Devyn, Reagan is another story.  Such are the perks of having an older sister.

Regardless, while she will play with them and we’ll take turns undressing and dressing them again, my absolute favorite is when she takes the doll, sniffs the bottom, and holds it out to me.  “Stinky!” she proclaims.

NewDesigns And lastly, check out the gallery for some new designs.  I feel so blessed to have stayed as busy as I have!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:09 AM delete

"We have donuts!" Hudson is way too cute for words. I love that kid.

Reply
avatar
Kerbi
AUTHOR
9:27 AM delete

Such precious times with your 3 oldest! LOVE your new designs!

Reply
avatar
Michelle
AUTHOR
10:26 AM delete

My bible study group read "For Women Only" about 9 months ago and I really enjoyed it, even from a not-married standpoint. Great stuff!

Reply
avatar
Jess
AUTHOR
3:54 PM delete

I hope that everything you're going through pre-labor means that when the "real" labor actually starts, it's a piece of cake! Thinking about you as the birth date approaches... :)
Jessica Broderick

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
7:30 PM delete

I love Grammy's new game!

Love those kiddos.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:50 PM delete

I LOVE those stories! Your kids give the best stories to tell.

Reply
avatar