Still Here

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5 Comments A+ a-

Yes, folks, I’m still here.  I’m still around, with no baby to hold.  Yet.

I had a number of friends check in yesterday, wondering how I was doing, how I was holding up, curious to see if something had happened since I hadn’t updated the blog in a few days.  It made me smile!  So many people who want to meet Miss Ashlynn and I can’t wait to share her with y’all too.

Labor always seems just out of reach for me.  Things will progress (and yes they are progressing, I’m just not sharing the nitty, gritty details on here or on Twitter) and labor will seem imminent, only to have the contractions back off again.  I told Jon that it seems like labor wants to start but is having a hard time getting a consistent pattern of contractions to do their job.

Yesterday I had a good, ugly cry in the doctor’s office, with Dr. Susie there.  It was born of both pain and discouragement.  Plus it wouldn’t be a pregnancy for me without at least one ugly cry. 

Yesterday the back pain was so unbearable, I thought it might be back labor.  And it may very well have been, but she thinks Ashlynn may be sunny-side up (which some of you may have no idea what I’m talking about but basically, she’s facing up instead of facing down and her head is rubbing again my tailbone) and gave me some exercises to try and turn her around to the correct position.  I can’t even being to describe how silly I feel moving around on all fours while I clean up the living room, but there you go.

In all of my pregnancies, with the exception of Reagan, I have tried numerous different ways to induce labor.  I’ve been fully aware that if my body isn’t ready to go into labor, then no matter what I try, it won’t.  I have drank red raspberry leaf tea until I could hardly stomach the taste any longer.  I even ingested a herb called black cohosh when I was overdue with Hudson.  Jon has rubbed peppermint oil into the pressure points above my ankles, even getting some into his eyes.  (That’s a great story for another time!)  I have walked up and down hills, eaten spicy foods of all kinds, and Dr. Susie even stripped my membranes once I was overdue with Hudson.  The only thing I have never tried, even when I was 10 days overdue with Devyn, was drink castor oil.  I realize it might be a fool-proof way to induce labor, but it just scares me and sounds entirely unpleasant.

I have tried everything on this list, with the exception of the castor oil, all to no avail.  And it appears that Ashlynn appears to be as comfortable as her two older siblings, so I may be in this thing for a while yet.  We’ll see, huh?  Good things come to those that wait.  And while I truly believe that, I can’t help but curse Reagan a little for her early arrival; such a false sense of hope to give her mother.

Apparently there’s still time to enter our Baby Pool, as you can see, my guess has already come and gone…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
kBw
AUTHOR
1:18 PM delete

I'm saying a prayer for you right now :)Hang in there Mama! lots of love and hugs xoxo

Reply
avatar
Rebecca
AUTHOR
6:03 PM delete

I can completely understand the frustration of having Reagan early and then not going early on the next one. After both of mine being early I will seriously cry it this one goes late (and I never cry).

We're praying for you and can't wait to hear when she comes.

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
8:40 PM delete

WHAT IS stripping membranes?!? It sounds TERRIBLE. Praying for progress!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:47 PM delete

Ha ha. Mindy-your comment made me laugh. It does sound terrible doesn't it?
Oh Jenn. I know it's been a long couple of weeks. I'm praying for you and believing that she will be here soon. I still believe before Thanksgiving. ;-)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
10:06 PM delete

Praying for little Miss Ashlynn to come soon!! I know you are uncomfortable honey...it won't be much longer. We can't wait to meet her!! =) Love, Mom

Reply
avatar