36 Weeks and Counting…

Saturday, November 06, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

For those that are interested in playing, we have created a new ExpectNet game online for family and friends to guess when Ashlynn will make her arrival and her size.  You can click here to participate or go to www.expectnet.com and the title of the game is AshlynnRose.  If you play and know us in real life, we only ask that you refrain from using our last name or the name of our city when entering a guess.  There are hints listed to help you guess.  Uncle Josh (Jon’s brother) won the pools for both Devyn and Hudson, while Grammie (Jon’s mom) won the pool for Reagan’s birth. 

36WeeksCollageThese were taken at Devyn’s birthday party today, which was actually held 2 weeks early just in case Miss Ashlynn arrives early.  Her party deserves a post of its own, as it was the first time we invited her school friends.  What a surreal experience!

How Far Along:

36 Weeks and 5 Days

Size of Baby:

Between 6 lbs, 18.5 inches and 6.5 lbs, 19 inches.  Since Reagan was only 5lbs, 10ozs, and 18 inches long at 38 weeks, I know this to be only an estimate.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:

I didn’t gain a pound during these past four weeks.  In fact, I feel like my face looks a little thinner in this picture.

Maternity Clothes:

Oh definitely!  Now we’re at the point that I’m even rubber-banding my maternity jeans!

Gender:

Another beautiful girl!

Movement:

Things must be getting cramped in there, as Miss Ashlynn’s movements have definitely calmed down.

What I Miss:

Getting to hug my other Littles closely.  Every time one climbs into my lap for a hug, Ashlynn kicks the both of us.

Sleep:

I wish I were sleeping better but contractions wake me about 3 or 4x a night, which is usually then accompanied with a trip to the bathroom or the kitchen for a snack.

Symptoms:

The contractions are coming more often, and the intensity is starting to increase.  But at my last appointment (Wednesday) I’d only moved from 1cm to 1.5cm and from 20% to 30% effaced. 

Best Moment This Week:

Watching little hands splayed all over my tummy as the older three all vied for a spot to feel Ashlynn move.  I wish I’d had a camera in that moment.

What I’m Looking Forward To:

The anticipation is building, knowing that she could make her arrival at any time.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Jenna
AUTHOR
8:10 PM delete

You look so GREAT!!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
8:11 PM delete

How fun! I cast my vote!

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
10:24 PM delete

You look adorable! Can't wait to see pictures of your newest little!

Reply
avatar
Marianne
AUTHOR
10:25 PM delete

You look totally thinner in your face, almost a little too much sister!! So wish I could be there to see you and little Miss Ashlynn;) Christmas I'll at least get to hold her:) Love ya!!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
8:43 PM delete

you look fabulous!! I'm sure you guys are just counting the days! So excited for the newest addition!!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:17 PM delete

I placed my bet and I hope I guessed right. I would LOVE for her to be here before Thanksgiving!!

Reply
avatar
Stacey
AUTHOR
8:23 AM delete

You look beautiful! Sorry I have been MIA.... This transition has been a doozie!

Praying for you, dear!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
2:42 PM delete

You look beautiful! I can't wait to see her soon and I hope to hold her!

Reply
avatar