Miscellaneous Monday

Monday, October 25, 2010 4 Comments A+ a-

Its been a while since I last posted, mostly because life happened and ran away from me last week.  This week we have far less on our schedule and I’m looking forward to some down time at home.  I have a number of blog designs to complete, some bags to pack as we await Ashlynn’s arrival, baby clothes and blankets to wash, a birthday party to plan, and a waiting game to play.  But let me catch you up with the goings-on in Munchkin Land…
  • Last Tuesday was spent in the hospital monitoring Miss Ashlynn Rose.  Nights are usually when she is most active and will usually wake me 6-8 times a night with her movements.  When I woke at midnight with Hudson, I noticed a very distinct lack of movement.  I fell back asleep and woke again at 6:00am, again very aware there was little to no movement from our baby girl.  I drank a Pepsi, laid on my left side, and waited to count kicks.  Nothing.  At this point, you can imagine how scared I was and when I called the on-call doctor, I was immediately referred to the hospital for a non-stress test.  Long story short… one biophysical ultrasound (which Ashlynn aced in 5 minutes) and beautiful non-stress test strip later, we were finally released.  Her movements have definitely decreased in general, but I’m chalking it up to cramped quarters.

  • Our Wednesdays are going to be busy from the moment we wake to the moment we lay their sweet little heads down to sleep.  Mama apparently did not think this busy schedule through very well, but alas, it is what it is.  And I know that once Ashlynn arrives we’ll be homebound for a few months, which will more than make up for these busy days.  Wednesday mornings start when Devyn and Hudson go to bible study with my mom, they just love learning about the same things Nana is learning.  I then pick them up and rush Devyn off to school.  Once school is out, its a mad dash home to put on Devyn’s dancing clothes and then she’s off to ballet.  Ballet is out at 5:30 and Awanas starts at 6:00, so a quick change in the van and eating a sack dinner is the plan to get to Awanas in time.  Sigh.  My days of being a taxi cab driver have just begun, I’m afraid…
Miscellaneouscollage

  1. Jon’s mom is currently staying with us and gifted us with freshly painted walls.  We have lived with the white walls for over three years and I’m still awed at how homey our master bedroom finally feels.  Seriously, I could spend hours in there now, and truthfully, its where I prefer to do blog designs at night.  We also got a few prints made from our maternity photo shoot and now they have the honored place above our headboard.
  2. Last Thursday night was spent carving pumpkins with the kids.  Correction.  Mom and Dad did all the carving while the peanut gallery offered plenty of criticism and “helpful” hints.  Once we lit all the pumpkins on our porch, Reagan declared them, “Scary!” and ran back inside.
  3. Saturday included a play date with three of Devyn’s school friends.  Isabelle, Chloe, Shyann, and Devyn were all in the same preschool class last year and they’re all in the same kindergarten class this year.  Its so fun to see their friendship develop.  Our play date consisted of dress-up time, craft time, and we even made cookies together.  It. Was. Exhausting!  However, since I grew up in a family of four girls, I knew what to expect from the chatty, giggly girls.  Whereas Jon and his mom were wide-eyed in wonder at how much noise four girls could create.
  4. Mom, my grandmother, my sisters, and I attended the Taste of Home Cooking Expo on Saturday night together.  It was a great time of getting new recipes, watching cooking demonstrations, and just some giggly girl time of my own.  However, when Mom and Alli arrived home that night, they found a yard full of plastic pink flamingos.  The accompanying sign read that it was in support of Breast Cancer Awareness and that the birds would eventually “migrate” on their own.  It was such a cool idea!  And I loved watching Hudson trying to sneak up on the birds to pet them.
  • We’re currently doing Just For Women and Just For Men in our couples group and its been an excellent break of pace as we divide into the two groups for discussion of the various chapters.  Jon and I mused on the way home that even after 8 years of marriage, we still are learning new things about each other.  That’s a really good thing, right?  Last night ended with a video clip from YouTube about the differences between the male and female brains.  Needless, to say we were all laughing good-naturedly.

  • Friday night Jon and I went out on the town for one of our last date-nights before Ashlynn’s arrival.  We had a coupon for our local Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse.  (Its one of those places where they cook the food right in front of you.)  Jon tortured me by ordering an appetizer of Spicy Tuna Rolls (sushi) and ate them knowing full well I can’t partake at the moment.  Grrrr!  However it wasn’t until after dinner that we realized it was also the 13-year anniversary of when we started dating.  13 years of being with him, and still liking him, and still enjoying our date nights.  I consider myself a lucky girl!
I think that’s it… Hopefully since I have more down time this week, I’ll be able to update a little more.  Hope you’re having a relaxing Monday too!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Kodi
AUTHOR
1:58 PM delete

You had me craving sushi like crazy after your tweet Saturday night. I'm still working on forgiving you. ;)

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
9:09 PM delete

Love your update...and your new blue wall! I can totally relate to your busy days of driving all over. It is just yhe beginning, isn't it?!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
4:06 PM delete

Love the updates, I didn't realize how busy the week was for you until you put all of it on here. I love seeing Devyn with her friends and I also can't wait to hear the words "it's time!" I just can't wait to hold miss Ashlynn.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
6:07 AM delete

LOVED your blog and catching up more Jenn!! I think your room turned out just beautiful and the relaxing oasis that you and Jon need!! Terry did a great job!! So glad you have that now!!! The kids are growing up WAY TOO FAST though! =( Can't wait to see and hold and kiss Miss Ashlynn Rose soon!! Love you, Mom

Reply
avatar