Faith Like a Child

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

CourtneyDevyn, who are your best friends right now?

Devyn:  Emma… Addy… Shyann… Oh, and of course God!

Courtney and I exchanged looks of wonderment and affection as we reflected on our growing-up little girl.  Devyn mistook the looks for teasing.

Devyn [in an indignant voice]:   What?!  I like God a lot!

***************

Grammie [swatting at the flies]:  Oh, I hate these things!  Why haven’t they died off yet?!

Hudson:  Grammie, don’t hate the flies.

Grammie:  Why not?

Hudson:  Cause Jesus made them!

***************

Nana:  I heard we get to watch you at ballet class.

Devyn:  Yes, and I’m going to invite my friends to come too.

Nana:  That will be fun!

Devyn:  I’m going to invite God too.

Nana:  That will be very special.

Devyn:  Yeah, I know.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
2:05 PM delete

I love it! Your kids and their faith make me smile

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
2:50 PM delete

:)
Faith like a chid...oh I wish that I still had this faith that they have. It seems like when we get older and see how the world really is sometimes that we tend to lose this precious faith that they have.

You have some amazing kids!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
5:37 PM delete

This whole post just warmed my heart. Love that girl! And the boy too =)

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
5:42 PM delete

SO sweet! Totally made me smile!

Reply
avatar
7:21 PM delete

That is so sweet!

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
2:39 PM delete

sweet children.

my little guy they other day was killing ladybugs (we are infested with them for some reason). i asked why he was doing it and said so they could live with Jesus!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
8:09 PM delete

I adore this post!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
12:45 AM delete

Jenn, there are tears in my eyes as I read this post. Not only because of the tender faith Devyn and Hudson are showing, but because their child faith in Christ is so trusting and so true for them. How we can learn from children and their love for Him. I love them.....they are one of the treasures in my life.
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar