34 Week Update

Monday, October 18, 2010 5 Comments A+ a-

A brief update on this pregnancy and the impending arrival of Miss Ashlynn Rose. 

Today I am officially 34 weeks pregnant, and went in for another check-up.  I’ve gained another two pounds in two weeks, which seems par for the course in my pregnancies.  (These last weeks I tend to gain a pound a week until baby’s arrival.)  They also did a Strep B test, which I fully anticipate to come back positive since it did with both Hudson and Reagan.  Its not a big deal, I’ll just need some antibiotics during the labor and delivery process.

Since we were already, well, ahem, dressed for the occasion, I asked Dr. Susie if she’d be willing to do an internal check.  I’d been having some majorly painful contractions, there’s no pattern to them, and they’re not getting progressively worse.  They just hurt like the dickens!  And there’s very little that relieves or stops them.  I was purely curious to see if they were even doing anything and I was surprised to learn that I’m already 1cm dilated and 20% effaced.  That coupled with the fact that she’s measuring a week ahead and head down, I can’t help but think that perhaps Miss Ashlynn will be joining us earlier, rather than later.  But like Dr. Susie asked, I won’t count my chickens before they hatched.

However, we are moving some plans up.  There’s a birthday party that happening two weeks early, just in case, and some new baby items are en route to replace worn and overused items.  Such as…

00011cs_AbigailA new car seat cover for a car seat that hasn’t been in a single accident, nor expires for another two years, yet the padding is now non-existent and uncomfortable.
00112233 A diaper bag to replace the one that now has crumbs ground into the bottom and emanates a rank smell.

And little by little, things are being checked off our “to-do” list before Ashlynn’s arrival, thanks to Jon and a very organized mother-in-law.  Next on the list is a date night, just the hubby and I, which we’re intending to do Friday night. 

Now just watch, Ashlynn will actually wait until December to make her arrival…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
9:59 PM delete

Saying some prayers that she comes at just the right time :) I never knew there was a carseat cover! hmm.. may have to consider that if I have a girl :) Let me know after the baby when you are feeling up to taking you up on the blog offer, no hurry! take care!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:41 PM delete

We're SO close to meeting her! I love the new carseat cover and diaper bag. Very cute.

Reply
avatar
Marianne
AUTHOR
2:29 PM delete

You made me laugh my dear friend when you said that its the same car seat and hasn't expired yet!! Goes to show how close in age your little munchins are!!:) Love it!! Think of it, I'm just starting and you're already finishing-Oiy!!:)

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
11:06 AM delete

Love that diaper bag, so cute!!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
8:10 AM delete

We can't wait to meet Miss Ashlynn Rose!! =) I LOVE the carseat cover and the new diaper bag!! =)
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar