Day 23 of 30

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3 Comments A+ a-

pillowsToday is the day that I share that I tend to be a “kids should be kids” kind of mom.  So when Devyn and Hudson gathered every pillow in the house, made a pile by the couch, and starting jumping off, I shrugged my shoulders and let them have their fun.  And if someone got hurt from jumping too far or playing too rough, it became a lesson about being a little more careful next time.

After they’d had their fill of jumping and then snuggling on pillows and under blankets, everyone pitched in to clean up the mess and help make their beds.  

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Kerbi
AUTHOR
4:42 PM delete

So precious! You are such a wonderful mom!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:40 PM delete

What a fun, perfect day for them. :) Kids do need to be kids.

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
9:51 PM delete

Looks like FUN!

Reply
avatar