Day 17 of 30

Friday, September 17, 2010 7 Comments A+ a-

Here is Hudson helping Daddy drill screws into a block of wood. However, that's not what I want to point out to ya'll. Notice the lack of pants on Hudson. Today was the first day of Jon's "Daddy Potty Boot Camp".

After very little success with all of my attempts to potty train Hudson, including a very bad day on Monday when he climbed on top of his dresser and pooped on a book, Jon decided to try the training himself. Apparently the difference between Mommy and Daddy was significant because Hudson took to it like a fish to water. He never fussed, cried, nor threw a tantrum when Jon dressed him in little boy briefs, has had only two accidents all day, and even pooped in the toilet for the first time ever. I'm sure hanging out in the garage with Daddy and building "stuff" all day didn't hurt either. =)

Sigh. I guess it really doesn't matter the HOW, as long as its done. Right?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
10:32 PM delete

He POOPED on his bookshelf?!?! How have I NOT heard this story yet?

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:00 PM delete

I think it's great that Jon was so willing to take on the potty training with Hudson. Let's hope it continues to go better from here on out.

Reply
avatar
11:24 PM delete

LOVE it!!!! too cute

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
7:32 AM delete

A friend of mine tried and tried to potty train her son, to no avail. Then he went to stay with his grandma for a week and was potty trained in 2 days.

My friend was glad he was potty trained, but discouraged he hadn't done it for her and had done it so easily for her mom.

I think sometimes it just takes someone new doing something different.

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
10:45 AM delete

He pooped on a book? I would have died...

Reply
avatar
Tamara
AUTHOR
2:11 PM delete

I'm sorry, but this totally made me laugh. Matt & I made a deal before the kiddos came along: boy=Matt potty trains, girl=I potty train. It's worked well. (He was SO glad #2 was a girl!) This may not work out so fairly in your case... ;)

Reply
avatar
Joyfulness
AUTHOR
12:37 PM delete

Maddening how different they are with Daddy, isn't it? But I would go with whatever works. I think I'm still recovering from potty training my boys and it's been years! :)

Reply
avatar