Day 15 of 30

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6 Comments A+ a-

Officially I’m 29 weeks and missed my update by a week, but its also nearly impossible to get someone to take a belly picture for me.  I’m amazed at how fast this pregnancy is flying!  It seems like just yesterday I was seeing those 2 blue lines and trying to remember how to breathe.  I’m definitely feeling the effects of this being my fourth pregnancy; everything seems to be happening earlier and stronger.  A few of these Braxton-Hicks contractions already bring me to my knees!  I’m just praying for Ashlynn Rose to stay put another 8 eight weeks or so…

29Weeks

How Far Along:

29 Weeks and 2 Days

Size of Baby:

15 inches long, approximately 2 1/2 lbs, roughly the size of a butternut squash.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:

I do know that I gained another 3 pounds in four weeks, and overall, I’ve gained about 16 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes:

Having to be extra careful with maternity clothes, my belly is definitely wanting to peek out from underneath some shirts.

Gender:

Baby #4 equals Girl #3, Miss Ashlynn Rose.  Devyn and Hudson refer to her Ashlynn, as far as Reagan is concerned, she is just “Baby”.

Movement:

Ashlynn is constantly moving!  I truly believe that she is our most active baby in-utero ever.  I wonder if I should be scared…

What I Miss:

Being able to sleep on my belly.  That’s definitely out of the question now.

Sleep:

Without fail, I’m waking up for a good 2-hour stretch every single night.  During those 2 hours I’ll visit the bathroom, get a drink of water, eat a snack, and play several rounds of Sudoku.

Symptoms:

Its come back with a vengeance, only now its blamed on heartburn and/or indigestion.  Unfortunately, Tums doesn’t touch it and Dr. Susie gave me permission to start using something stronger.

Best Moment This Week:

Overhearing someone whisper, “She looks as tiny as ever!  You would never even know she was pregnant from the back.”  Definitely a boost for this pregnant woman’s self-esteem.

What I’m Looking Forward To:

In all my pregnancies, I have never had maternity pictures taken.  But since this is definitely our last, we decided to use birthday money and my first maternity shoot is next with my dear friend, Becky.  I absolutely cannot wait!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
3:39 AM delete

Hi love your blog. Please visit my blog that I started recently. Its a blog dedicated to sharing maternity dresses and jeans.Thank you for sharing..
breastfeeding clothes

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
1:12 PM delete

It's true friend, you still look as tiny as ever, I don't know how you do it. I gain 30 pounds with each of my pregnancies, and that's by eating all the right stuff. I certainly don't get comments about how small I am at 29 weeks, you go girl! Can't wait to see your pics, I might have to spring for that too as long as I'm not feeling too "swollen";).

Reply
avatar
Ali Thompson
AUTHOR
10:28 PM delete

Re: the movement...it could be the extra coffee you've been drinking this time around? :)

Reply
avatar
Sheri
AUTHOR
4:39 PM delete

Jenn, you look beautiful my friend! And, so tiny! =) I look forward to seeing your maternity pictures! *Hugs*

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
5:29 PM delete

You make for one cute pregnant lady. Can't wait to see some of the pictures from your photo shoot!

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
2:59 PM delete

Yeah, um, you look fabulous. I'm almost 20 weeks and have already gained 12 or 13 pounds. It's probably too much to hope that I'll get to 29 weeks and only hit 16lb. total. I could blame it on being Baby#3, but you've got me beat there too! :)
I've never had maternity shots taken either - can't wait to see yours!

Reply
avatar