Day 11 of 30

Saturday, September 11, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

I’m in nesting mode.  And first on the list?  Get the room situations figured out… whose sleeping where, in what, and for how long.  Right now everything is going to stay the same with Hudson in his own room, and Devyn and Reagan sharing a room.  Eventually we’ll moved Hudson downstairs to his own room and bathroom (I have no doubt he’ll thank us for that someday when three teenage sisters are making his life crazy!), Devyn will have her own room, and the younger two will be sharing for quite some time.  But in the mean time we needed to make some bed decisions that included putting Hudson in a twin bed and bestowing the toddler bed to Reagan.  Last night was the first night for everyone in new beds and/or new bedding.

   GirlBedsCollage Devyn came home from school yesterday to the new bedding on her bed and squealed in delight.  I think she may have even done the backstroke on her new quilt.  After countless times of putting Reagan back in her toddler bed, we eventually just moved her back to the crib (still in the same room) to fall asleep.  At which time, we moved her back to the toddler bed to spend the night.

HudsonRoomCollageHudson loves, loves, loves his sports bedding and was excitedly pointing out all the different sports to us.  In true Hudson fashion, he flexed his muscles for the camera to prove that he was now a big boy.

HudsonAsleepAtLast

GirlsAsleepAtLastFinally everyone’s asleep in their beds…

I woke in the middle of the night and checked on everyone.  Imagine my surprise when I walked into the girls’ room and saw Reagan asleep on the floor.  We have no idea if she fell out or climbed out on her own, but I picked her up and placed her back in bed where she stayed until morning.

The next steps involve headboards for the beds, cleaning out clothes that no longer fit, and organizing drawers and closets.  Hopefully one step closer to getting ready for Ashlynn’s arrival.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
9:22 PM delete

Jen, you kids are getting so big. Wow! I love the bedding you got for your girls. I had thought about getting those same ones for my girls. :)

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
10:29 PM delete

Your kids are so darn cute!! The bedding sets for the girls is so cute. Hudson showing off his muscles is too cute.

Reply
avatar
Becky
AUTHOR
2:36 PM delete

So cute! Getting new bedding has always been one of my favorite things to do! Glad to hear everyone (for the most part) is adjusting well!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
11:18 PM delete

Jenn, I LOVE the new bedding sets!!
Love,Mom

Reply
avatar
Dana Marie
AUTHOR
7:39 AM delete

that's so stinkin cute! Bella has bedding similar, she loves it! I can imagine Devyn's excitement at new bedding, I can remember getting so excited about something so little. Oh to be a kid again...

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
2:59 PM delete

I love all the new bedding.
I think my girl has an older style of that same bedding.
Great minds think alike, indeed ;)

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
8:36 PM delete

LOve LOLVE the bedding Jenn!! It looks wonderful!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:59 PM delete

I love the new bedding, for all 3 of them. It's great that you gave them something of their own to be excited about. Can't wait for the arrivel of miss Ashlynn too.

Reply
avatar