24 Weeks and Feeling It

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9 Comments A+ a-

Its been a little while since I’ve last posted.  There’s no reason in particular, especially since I have a number of posts constantly rolling around in my head.  And they’re so eloquently written at 2:00am too!  But finding the time to actually sit and put those thoughts down is hard right now.  Jon is actually grilling burgers at the moment and while I was thinking of it, I thought I’d update you all on pregnancy #4.

24Weeks.Ashlynn

How Far Along:

24 Weeks and 1 Day

Size of Baby:

11 – 12 inches long, approximately 1.3 lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:

Surprisingly I have no idea.  We don’t own a scale and I don’t have an OB appointment until Friday.  But based on belly size, I’d say a lot since Miss Ashlynn seems to have hit a growth spurt.

Maternity Clothes:

Oh yes, definitely in maternity clothes and my belly is already starting to peek from underneath the bottom of some shirts. 

Gender:

Baby #4 equals Girl #3, Miss Ashlynn Rose.  I love being able to call her by name.

Movement:

The other night I woke Jon and grabbed his hand as Ashlynn was doing gymnastics in there.  Her movements were all over the place and keeping me awake.  I loved it!

What I Miss:

Having energy.  While its definitely picked up in the 2nd trimester, I still feel so limited by my lack of motivation and energy. And since nesting has kicked in, I have so much I want to do and am dealing with the frustration of not getting it done.

Sleep:

Ugh.  Remember those posts I mentioned I write in my head at 2:00am, its only because I’m waking a few times a night due to being hungry or having to go to the bathroom.

Symptoms:

Nausea seems to have taken a hike, only showing up once a week or so.  For that, I am so very grateful!  I am still hungry all the time and not getting good sleep.

Best Moment This Week:

Devyn looking at my belly and exclaiming in a loud voice, “Mama!  Your belly is getting huge!”

What I’m Looking Forward To:

I have some concerns I want to talk to the doctor about at my OB appointment on Friday, and I’m not looking forward to my glucose test.  But this is just further proof to me how fast this pregnancy is flying!

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

9 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
8:18 PM delete

Aww, look at you. Always an adorable/beautiful prego woman. I can't wait to meet and hold miss Ashlynn.

Reply
avatar
8:35 PM delete

You look so cute!!

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
9:00 PM delete

You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I began week 28 tomorrow and my glucose test is tomorrow and I am dreading the scale because I have already gained TOO much!

You look beautiful!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
9:06 AM delete

Adorable as always! Glucose tests are not fun :( You are getting soo close though!!! Just a little longer!!

Reply
avatar
Kamma
AUTHOR
11:48 AM delete

Always such a cute pregnant lady :) Thanks for the update. Love you!

Reply
avatar
12:30 PM delete

Love the baby belly! I have to go get my glucose test next week and I am so not looking forward to it. It's the worst part. But, it's all for baby!

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
6:11 PM delete

You are a beautiful pregnant woman, Jenn!

Reply
avatar
1:17 AM delete

Loved your little update!!! AND, I love he name ya'll picked :) Blessings to you and your fam!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
11:43 AM delete

You look fabulous!
You're such a beautiful Mama.

Reply
avatar