Take a Gander

Monday, July 05, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

<-------- Before I begin, you may have noticed the gender poll on the left-hand side of the screen. We have decided to find out what we’re having beforehand, and our big ultrasound is scheduled for next Monday! (I can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is flying!) Now, our ultrasound is on Monday, but we won’t know for a day or two after as Jon and I have decided to try something different and fun this time around. Don’t worry, we will be sharing, it just be a few days. So go ahead, take a guess, it’s all in fun.

I’m also posting my very first belly pic of this pregnancy. Here I am, 18 weeks, 6 days pregnant with #4. I’m finally at the point where people no longer wonder why I’m chubby and now notice that I have a definitive baby bump. I’m loving it.

Now on to a quick update on this pregnancy. Some women use this form as an update for each week of their pregnancy, but I’ll probably only be updating once every 3-4 weeks or so. I’m a little sad that I haven’t done this with previous pregnancies, I would have loved to go back and compare.

How Far Along:

19 weeks today!

Size of Baby:

Approximately 6 1/2 inches long, weighs 9-10 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:

Do I really want to answer this?! Ok, approximately 5lbs over my pre-baby weight. That’s not including the 5lbs I’d neglected to lose after having Reagan.

Maternity Clothes:

Oh, ladies, I’ve been in maternity clothes since I saw those two pink lines. I jest. Kind of. Thankfully I have some generous friends who have lent me some new clothes this time around.

Gender:

Don’t know yet, but getting so excited to see him/her again!

Movement:

I really have been feeling movement since 10 weeks, although many will choose not to believe that. However, movement has really picked up and this is my favorite part of pregnancy!

What I Miss:

A cool, long drink of beer on a summer night. Don’t judge, its true. I always seems to crave a good wheat beer more when I’m pregnant.

Sleep:

Sleep is going ok, I have good nights and bad nights. But overall, Baby and I are getting good rest.

Symptoms:

Thankfully, I’m starting to feel human again. My energy returned last week and my nausea is intermittent. I’m most happy about the returning energy level.

Best Moment This Week:

Funnily, Jon has yet to feel Baby move yet, and Reagan seems to have been the first. She and I were cuddling the other day when Baby gave a nice, resounding kick. Reagan lifted her head in surprise and kind-of bumped the baby back with her own tummy.

What I’m Looking Forward To:

Obviously I’m most excited about seeing Baby again. With all the internet stories so easily accessible nowadays, its hard not to let my fears overtake my imagination. I’m praying for a healthy little baby!

Whew! So there you have it, a not-so-quick update on Baby #4. Jon and I have had some major attitudes adjustments regarding this unexpected pregnancy, but I’ll save that for another day.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
5:04 PM delete

You look so cute!!! I voted =) Love the names btw.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
5:38 PM delete

Can't wait to find out the sex in the bext week!! =) Should be fun!
Love, Mom

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
6:02 PM delete

oooo...I am so glad you are telling!! I think you look very pretty!! Baby bellies are so cute...(unless you're a house like me :) )
HAve a good week!!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
6:27 PM delete

You look so adorably cute. I wish I was there to hug you.

I can't wait to find out if you are carrying my newest great-niece or nephew.

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
6:41 PM delete

You look fabulous!!

Reply
avatar
Amy Silver
AUTHOR
8:56 AM delete

You look GREAT! I certainly don't see 10 extra pounds but the bump is precious :) That's neat that you felt yours so early, I didn't feel anything until about 18 weeks I think. Can't wait to hear the gender! I am thinking boy!

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
9:39 PM delete

I voted. :)
I'm going for GIRL! hehe
You look great my friend. :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:40 PM delete

You're always such a cute pregnant woman! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.

Reply
avatar