Some Quick Quotes

Sunday, June 27, 2010 5 Comments A+ a-

Hudson has become quite enamored with soccer thanks to the World Cup.  He now takes his soccer ball everywhere, including my parents’ house.  As he practiced shooting goals between the legs of my Mom’s buffet table, he aimed too high and knocked over one of her decorative candles.  As several adult voices called out in dismay, Hudson looked at us with concern on his face and a question to ask.  “Yeah, but was it a goal?!”

**********

On Friday as we were packing for our adventure to the mountains, Devyn and Hudson were belting out the words to “Single Ladies”.  I chuckled and asked, “Are you guys singing Beyonce’s song?” assuming they remembered the song from the previous night’s Glee.  Devyn, with hands on her hips, said, “Mama, NO!  We’re singing it from the Chipmunk’s Squeakquel.”  I stand corrected.

**********

What trip to the mountains is complete without smores?!  (Side note: The adults on the trip are all in firm agreement that whoever invented smores did not have children.)  As I gave Hudson a flambĂ©ed marshmallow, he got it all over his hands, his face, and even in his hair.  Suffice it to say, he did not care for the stickiness.  He waved his hands in the air and cried frantically, “I need water!  I need water!”  Poor kid.

**********

We ushered the kids inside to eat dinner when we heard the sounds of various types of sirens approaching.  Jon and the older two went on the deck to see if they could see where the emergency vehicles were headed.  “I wonder if its an accident,” I called out to the threesome.  “Or a fire,” Jon interjected.  Then Devyn’s small voice volunteered her opinion, “Or maybe someone killed somebody.”  I think we’ve been watching too much Criminal Minds.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Christina
AUTHOR
11:14 PM delete

Oh my goodness! Devyn sounds like Alex (but our show of choice is Bones).

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
7:40 AM delete

Oh my gosh, that was SO funny with Hudson. I thought mom was going to kill him.

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
1:24 PM delete

Those stories are HILARIOUS! Your kids make me laugh... all the time.

Reply
avatar
Jody
AUTHOR
9:36 PM delete

Cute stories...made me laugh.

Reply
avatar
Joyfulness
AUTHOR
12:58 AM delete

So funny! Thanks for sharing. I love Hudson's goal. Boys are too funny.

Reply
avatar