Pregnancy Brain Has Begun

Monday, May 17, 2010 6 Comments A+ a-

How do I know that pregnancy brain has officially set in? 

Example #1:

Twice I wrote about the Beco baby carrier.  Twice I spelled it wrong.  It went from Bebo to Beko, and still it was wrong.  By the third time, I just threw my hands in the air and said heck with it. 

Example #2:

We’re working with Reagan on using the word “please” instead of pointing at something and grunting.  Last night I was saying the word, as well as using baby sign language too.  However, when a friend asked me which sign I was using and I showed her, I flushed a deep purple as she pointed out I was using the sign for “more”.  I knew that!  Of course I know the different signs for “more” and “please”!  What on earth was I thinking?!

Example #3:

I’m so very excited for my upcoming trip to Washington to see this beautiful lady.  The night I bought my ticket, she and I texted back and forth over the dates all night, just to make sure they’d work for both us.  Yet it didn’t occur to either of us until last night that I’d be out there over Father’s Day weekend.  Whoops!  My Mother’s Day is going to equal single-parenthood for Jon’s Father’s Day.  So, so sorry, Babe!

And I guarantee these moments are only going to get worse before they get better.  Tune in for a fun ride between now and November.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Kendra
AUTHOR
6:32 AM delete

Oh, Jenn, I feel for you. It's still clinging on for me even though Kaylee is six weeks old. My head was spinning when I tried to keep up with the hectic pace as I returned to work yesterday. :) Good luck. Hopefully things will get a little better once your nausea subsides.

Reply
avatar
pedro
AUTHOR
8:22 PM delete

Haha!! I thought that looked like Beco. Some friends gave us one when Simeon was born, and he's in it all the time. It's super comfortable worn on the back. In fact, I shot a round of 15 targets with my bow yesterday, and Simeon slept the whole time. until I drew my bow. Then he jumped up and down until I got off a shot. not a great round, but my father in law was cracking up the entire time. If you tell Jon this story, you might even get him to wear it :)

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
12:28 AM delete

WE are going to have to watch you closely as your pregnancy brain gets worse, Jenn!!! =) Things left here and there.....as long as it's not one of the kids!! =)
Love you, Mom

Reply
avatar
AndiMae
AUTHOR
2:44 PM delete

So excited for your trip out here too! Can't wait to meet you in person, sweet lady!
xo

Reply
avatar
cherimarie
AUTHOR
6:57 PM delete

Just found your blog and I am wondering if preggo brain really ever leaves? I just don't feel as smart anymore with my boys or is it that I am being pulled in so many directions that even I can't multitask!

Reply
avatar
Amanda
AUTHOR
7:27 AM delete

I "get" this! You are so funny!!

Reply
avatar