Odds and Ends

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-

** Boy! Do I feel like an idiot!! I've received a few emails regarding the baby carrier. Its not a Bebo, but a Beko. Here's a direct link for those that are interested.

I have a number of heavy posts on my mind lately. Posts dealing with identity, some stay-at-home-mom thoughts, some thoughts regarding this growing babe, you get the idea. Some heavy stuff. But since I’m in no mood to tackle any of those today, I’m just going to keep this as light as possible.


Devyn had her first field trip to the Denver Children’s Museum yesterday. It was the farthest she’s been from us, without any family members. It was a surreal experience sending my baby on a bus to Denver. But she had a blast, and came home with a wonderful surprise for the whole family. A free, year-long membership to the Children’s Museum!! I can’t wait to redeem this, as I know its a membership that will be used often. What a blessing.

Jon and I are in the throes of Open Enrollment and gritting our teeth as we deal with the choice between non-expensive, not-great insurance vs. expensive, not-awesome insurance. I’m not a fan of our choices, but c'est la vie. An evil necessity in this life.

Most know that I’m a huge fan of slings, and used mine incessantly when Reagan was a baby. It was wonderful to have free arms to tend to Devyn and Hudson’s needs, get things done around the house, all while Rea was tucked in close to me. However, as she got bigger and heavier, the harder it got on my back. Enter Jon’s cousin and the Bebo** (see above) carrier. We all went to the zoo together last summer and Jessica introduced me to the wonders of the Bebo carrier, even letting me borrow it for a few weeks. I.fell.in.love! But had to give it back.

Imagine my surprise and delight when weeks after finding out about Baby #4, I received a text message from Jessica saying she wanted to gift me with a Bebo carrier. Um, yes, please! It arrived this week and is so pretty! (See pattern above.) Now my biggest dilemma is whether or not I want to wait until Ashlynn or Carson arrives to use it, or break it in with Reagan now. Decisions, decisions. (And Jessica, thank you again, dear friend. You have blessed me far more than with tangible gifts, your presence in my life is a saving grace!)

My Mother’s Day present is a doozy, in fact, it might as well be Mother’s Day and my birthday all rolled into one. This beautiful lady has twice visited my beautiful state, once for a family vacation that involved getting to meet face-to-face for the first time and the second for a quick getaway and another opportunity to visit. Since she has been out here twice, I thought it only fair that I return the favor and on Mother’s Day booked my round-trip ticket to head out the beautiful state of Washington for a visit with one of my favorite blogging ladies and the opportunity to hold her newest, delish bundle of joy. Reagan will be going with me, and we’re still working out babysitting arrangements with family for Devyn and Hudson while we’re gone. If you think of it, say a prayer for Jon as he’ll be a single parent for those six days.

Last night was Devyn's awards ceremony for Awanas. I just adore seeing her up there on stage, singing the Cubbies theme song with all her heart. We've been pretty lacadaisal in how often she went, but she wants so badly to finish her book that I'm sure next year we'll be a little more diligent in getting her there every week.

Right now they’re all currently playing under a fort we built this morning but I can feel the tide turning from nice, peaceful play to brewing arguments. Time to get off and intercede before it gets really ugly.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
Mindy
AUTHOR
6:16 PM delete

Sigh...you always have a way of making me smile, Jenn. Thanks for a "light" post...I know you blog for you...but that is exactly what I needed right now. Don't really know why, just was.

Blessings friend!

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
9:42 PM delete

I love your mother's day gift:) Oh, and your names for. #4 are so great...in fact, we have similar taste! Did you say Corbin was also on your list? Carson and Corbin were are boy names for Hollyn! Have I mentioned...I'm so excited for your visit? I am:)

Reply
avatar
Marianne
AUTHOR
6:54 AM delete

Ummmm, so what does a girl have to do to get you to buy plane tickets to see her?!? I MUST be missing something after 12 years and no visit;) Hope everything is ok with the "heavy" stuff-give me a call if you need to:) Love ya!!

Reply
avatar
Kelsey
AUTHOR
8:03 AM delete

Oh I am so jealous that you get to spend time with my sister! Hug her for me, ok? :)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:01 AM delete

It's so odd to know that Devyn is an Awana's cubby. It brings back memories. I love her. I love the beko too.

Reply
avatar
Kimberly
AUTHOR
2:49 PM delete

It is actually a Beco (with a "c") baby carrier, but close enough. ;) I have two and absolutely LOVE them! I would definitely start using it now! Ava is 3 and my husband still uses the Beco to carry her on his back. Audrey is 10 months and I just moved her from my front to my back. She loves to ride on my back and it makes grocery shopping so much easier!! Really, it makes any shopping easier. I just have to keep track of one child running around like crazy. :) The Beco should be SUPER comfortable, but it may take a little adjusting to get it just right. Let me know if you need any help. Adjusting the straps under your arms can make a ton of difference. This turned into a novel, but my friend, Katie, is the customer service rep for Beco. She has made a bunch of you tube videos about how to adjust and use the Beco. You may want to check them out. :) I really hope you enjoy it!! BTW, I love the print you got. I'm a little jealous. ;)

Reply
avatar
Tamara
AUTHOR
7:19 PM delete

Funny, I thought you meant the Boba Carrier: http://www.bobababycarrier.com/

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
2:56 PM delete

Break it in! Do it now! I mean... if you want.... because I'm a hater of "gifts with strings" so by all means do what you want but I'm guessing ;) it'd really help with your upcoming travels with Miss Reagan.
Now... howz bout we chat bout you ^& your lovelies coming out thissaway before we get stationed elsewhere, mkay?

Reply
avatar