Mother’s Day 2010

Sunday, May 09, 2010 4 Comments A+ a-

Mother’s Day 2010 entails the following:

Its waking to the sound of Jon tapping on the washing machine, trying to get the dern machine to work again.

Its waking to a child on either side of me, one with his legs flung sideways over my middle, the other cuddled in deep against my side.

Its opening my eyes and knowing that I’m going to have to make a trip to the bathroom right away.  A brief reminder that a year from now I’ll be celebrating with not just three children, but four.

Its making my way to the kitchen after a retching session in the bathroom, to cook up some bacon.

Its an opened gift from Devyn who proudly proclaims, “Its empty.  It had chocolates in it, but since you’re sick from the baby, I ate it for you.”

Its a hug and a whispered “Happy Mother’s Day” from Hudson.

Its a sleepy Reagan who just wants to cuddle with her nauseous Mommy on the couch.

Its a teary confession from Devyn that she broke the glass in Hudson’s baby picture, and a relieved smile when I assure her that it’s ok, Mommy actually did it last night by stepping on it.

Its a plate of bacon and toast handed to me when Jon realizes I’m probably not going to be able to leave the couch.

Its watching my three children sit side-by-side at the kitchen table, loving their interactions, and awed that they’re mine.

Its the every day sounds of life in this small house, sounds of life being lived, siblings being tolerated, washing machines being brought back to life, and a growing bump to make this Mama realize just how very blessed her life is. 

Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!  May you stop and relish these moments that make you a mother, today and every day.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Neely
AUTHOR
11:42 AM delete

Happy Mothers Day Jenn! You are an inspiration to me and I hope when Im a mom Im as great at it as you!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:02 PM delete

Aww, great post. Happy Mothers Day!

Reply
avatar
alane
AUTHOR
2:00 PM delete

Happy Mother's Day! And congratulations on your newest expected blessing!

Reply
avatar
Joyfulness
AUTHOR
3:27 AM delete

So sweet of her to think of you and eat the chocolates - hilarious!

Reply
avatar