Long Time Break

Thursday, May 27, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

Whew! I never intended to take that long of a break, actually, I never intended a break at all. But life happens and the next thing I knew, it’s been over a week since I’d posted last. This will be one of the most random of posts, so bear with me.

We had out-of-state visitors during this past week, an aunt and her children. It was great having them here, and involved visits to Panera Bread, Chik-Fil-A, and Butter Cream Cupcakery. (Oh my word, the red velvet cupcake was to.die.for!) The kiddos disappeared for hours at a time and we watched hours of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and we swear it has magic powers as it is the only thing that can get her 1-year-old to sit still for longer than 5 minutes.

Tonight we purchased 3 out of the 5 wedding apparel needed for Brock and Holly’s wedding in September. We now have a size 3 tuxedo and two flower girl dresses on their way to our house. I am attempting David’s Bridal this weekend to get my bridesmaid dress ordered. I cannot believe that the wedding will be here in a little over three months! Craziness!

Everyone has asked what I think of being a stay-at-home mom and truth be told, now is not a good time to ask. With being as sick as I’ve been, I have not even attempted to tackle my to-do list. A list that includes everything from organizing closets, packing up and properly marking containers of kids clothes, creating new schedules, organizing this house, getting out and having play dates, etc. I’m sure once I can pick myself up off the couch, I’ll enjoy it so much more.

I have registered Devyn, Hudson, and Reagan for swimming lessons this summer and let me tell you, it was HARD getting all three scheduled at the same time so I can be with Reagan in the pool without worrying where Hudson and Devyn had disappeared and what trouble they were getting in. I know they’re going to love their lessons! And Devyn has also been signed-up for ballet lessons, which start a week from tomorrow. I can’t wait to see her all dressed up in her ballet finery and I wonder how she’ll take to dance.

Munchkin #4 has a heart rate that hovers around the 120-130 range. Devyn’s heart rate was always in the 150-160 range, Hudson was in the 140 range, and Reagan was in the 140 range. Based on this old wives tale, it makes me wonder if Munchkin #4 might be a boy. And the Chinese Calendar seems to agree with the boy prediction. Only time will tell, hmmmm?

We have a busy weekend ahead of us that includes a BBQ, a end-of-year party for Devyn and her classmates, a birthday celebration, a wedding, and an anniversary for Jon and I to celebrate. (8 years, really?!) It would be really, really great if my body decided to start behaving and I could enjoy all those fun events, huh?

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.