A Little of This and That

Friday, April 23, 2010 6 Comments A+ a-

I came into work this morning and found a handmade pendant from my jewelry-making-coworker. It had this picture and saying on it, I laughed out loud.

I have new magic pills, no longer blue and no longer dealing with depression. (The doctor has asked me to tough out the 1st trimester without going back on the antidepressants.) These have everything to do with my nausea and they…are…magic! I’ve taken phenergan for the previous three pregnancies, but only when I’m desperate and only when I know another adult is in the house because they knock me out. The doctor I saw yesterday was more than happy to prescribe zofran and wow! They work and I can still function; which is a highly desirable quality when trying to mother three children. They are my new best friends.

We had a family get-together, all the sisters, husbands, our parents, the kiddos, and Courtney’s baby, Willow. (Who Mom and I have decided looks like Crawl, the Chinese Crested dog, from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. And Courtney is going to be very mad that I said that. Sorry Court!) We got together to start discussing vacation plans for summer of 2011. We’re looking at beach homes in the Galvalston or South Padre Island area in Texas. I am getting excited as we’re starting to check out beach homes to rent. How fun is that going to be?!

Anyone that knows me a little bit, knows that organization and cleaning is not my forte. I have come to embrace cooking, love baking, and don’t even mind the laundry (when I can find the time to do it). But things are quickly falling apart at home, and it’s become even more apparent that I simply could not continue working and trying to maintain a home while mothering, being pregnant, and trying to maintain a side business. What I need is a maid, preferably a cheap, or free, one. Any takers?

Did I mention that I have one more week of work? One more week! Its good news for everyone as I simply am no good to the department right now. Heck, I was online looking at vacation homes this morning. =) Thankfully, I have an understanding boss and coworkers.


I'm ready for vacation now...


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

6 comments

Write comments
Neely
AUTHOR
10:25 AM delete

I know the feeling about the work part. Im quitting my job in 2 weeks(rather giving my 2 weeks notice in 2 weeks) I already have a new job/plan lined up. I couldnt be more excited. I hope your nausea gets better friend!!! And arent family nights the best???

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
11:17 AM delete

You're right. I am mad you said that. SHE IS A YORKIE-POO NOT A CHINESE CRESTED YOU BRAT! =)

Reply
avatar
Amy...
AUTHOR
3:00 PM delete

You make me laugh!! And that is saying something considering I'm getting over a panic attack regarding an oxygen mask;) love you!

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
8:28 AM delete

I laughed out loud! Thanks, I really needed that this morning!
I am sooo glad you are feeling better! Have a great last week at work! We will have to get together when you are done!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:55 PM delete

I can't wait for our vacation! I'm so excited for you to be done in 1 week. You won't regret it. I also love the "because chocolate can't get you pregnant".

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
9:31 PM delete

Jenn-
I cannot believe you wrote about Courtney's dog, Willow, looking like the dog in the movie!! Sorry, Court, didn't want to make you mad but the haircut on Willow was WAY TOO SHORT!!! Don't cut it like that again if you don't want her to look like that dog!!! =) We love you and her!!
Love, Mom and Dad

Reply
avatar