Beautiful Little Baby

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8 Comments A+ a-


One beautiful, little heartbeat, flickering on the screen, and relief flooded my body. As I exhaled my big sigh of relief, Jon looked at the ultrasound technician and said, “You’d think after three babies, she’d be a little more laidback.”

The technician chuckled. “Nope,” she answered. “It doesn’t matter if it’s their first or fourth pregnancy, every woman is worried until she sees that first heartbeat.” I smiled secretly to myself, thankful I wasn’t the only irrational woman on this earth.

I’d go into the details of the “need” of the ultrasound, but then I’d have to reveal the deeply neurotic thoughts that run through this mind of mine. Just like I’d have to share with you the story that would highlight just how emotional this pregnancy is making me (thus my maturity level has dropped a good 20 points), and my inability to think before acting. So, no, I’m not going there.

Really, the only thing that matters is that we saw one little heartbeat today. And the flickering made me smile…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

8 comments

Write comments
5:56 PM delete

Seeing the flickering on the screen for the first time is just the best!

Reply
avatar
8:51 PM delete

Ahh! Sweet little baby. Can't wait to see how insanely cute this one will be!

Heh... if only I could begin to tell you the paranoid thoughts I had. Jan (midwife)had to talk me down SO many times!

Reply
avatar
Haley
AUTHOR
6:32 AM delete

It's totally a boy ;)

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
9:55 AM delete

Beautiful!

Reply
avatar
Neely
AUTHOR
10:26 AM delete

Just made my heart melt!

Reply
avatar
Kelly Denise
AUTHOR
10:53 AM delete

Awww thats so sweet!!! =)

Reply
avatar
O Mama Mia
AUTHOR
12:46 PM delete

No. Fo real. Go there. You're in great neurotic company. ;)
We have MANY "needs" & we can justify every. single. one. ;)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:58 PM delete

Praise God for little heart beats! It's such a reminder that every baby is a miracle and gift. So happy you got to see it.

Reply
avatar