Decision. And a winner!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-

I understand that not everyone will like me, I get that.

I understand that I may rub some people the wrong way, or that I make choices that are in complete contradiction to their beliefs or values. I get that this life is not about making people happy, or making people like you, or even making people agree with you. After all, the differences that exist in us are what make the world go round and make life interesting.

However, I do expect to be treated fairly. I expect that since I'm an adult, and all of my peers are adults, that we can act and respond to disagreements in a mature way; without resorting to childish, high school games. You don't have to like me, but I do deserve to be treated with some respect.

And yes, this is one of the major reasons of why I contemplated going to a private blog. You’ll notice I used the past-tense, after praying and getting confirmation from three other people, I will not be going private. I was inundated with emails, from loved one and strangers alike, and truth be told, I will not let a select few ruin it for myself or anyone else that enjoys reading here.

Moving on.

Because I hate having you all take the time out of your days to comment on Facebook or send me an email for naught, I’ve decided to have an impromptu drawing for a $10 Starbucks card. I entered everyone into a spreadsheet and then used the random integer drawing-thingy. And the winner is…

#35 – Amanda M.

Amanda, please email me your address and I’ll get that sent off to you!

Again, thanks for all the supportive comments and emails. It meant so much to me! It’s for that reason that I’m not going private…

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
MamaBear
AUTHOR
9:59 PM delete

Life is messy sometimes isn't it? Sorry you're having to deal with ishy stuff. While I didn't get a comment posted before you announced that you aren't going private, I am happy to hear that you're going keep sharing your faith journey publicly.

Reply
avatar
Kendra
AUTHOR
6:42 AM delete

I'm glad to hear that you're staying public. I would have supported you no matter what you decided, but I truly believe that your blog is a light to others--even those who may not choose to see it that way. Keep strong! Sending love your way! :) Hope you are feeling better!

Reply
avatar