Weekend Recap and Sundry

Monday, February 22, 2010 3 Comments A+ a-

The Valentine’s design has been taken down and in its place is a fun, spring-like design because I… am… in… desperate… need… of… spring!! I’m hoping that this can be my little bit of green and lightness, an oasis if you will, as we wait for the snow to go far, far away. It’s different from any of my other designs.

Speaking of designs, have you checked out my design gallery lately? I’ve added a number of new designs and still have about three more on my plate. I have been so very blessed to find something I love doing and a great way to make a little money on the side too. He is so very good, isn’t He?!

We had an incredible whirlwind of a weekend. In 63 hours, we drove 32 of them, over 1660 miles, through 3 states, with 12 people, and we managed not to kill each other. Although I’m only half-kidding, it truly could have been so much worse. We sisters are known for our highly-spirited debates that can often end in hurt feelings, but we rarely did any of that. And the children! Wow, they get Kiddos of the Year for sure. In fact, we haven’t left at all today for fear that there’d be a revolt against carseats any time soon.

We got to spend time with cousins, which is always a good thing. You’ll notice in this picture that my cousin, Daniel, is refusing to smile. And while he’ll un-tag himself in any pictures on Facebook, he can’t do anything about the ones I post on my blog. Hee-hee. The other little girl with Devyn is actually MY cousin, Alex, who happens to be only seven months older than my oldest. I could try to explain but there isn’t enough room.

The funeral was really good! There were some great testimonies to Uncle Scott’s character and I found myself wishing I’d known him better in his later years. Unfortunately, distance played a huge part in our lack of closeness. But it was good to be there to say our good-byes.

The highlight of this fast weekend trip was getting to meet dear Stacey for a coffee/cheesecake date! We have been reading each other’s blogs for 4+ years and have moved from blog friends to Facebook friends to texting friends and now, to real-life friends. Seriously, we could not stop hugging each other, it was just so good to sit and chat to our heart’s content. We got so wrapped up in conversation that we barely noticed the time. And I especially love the part where we got lost in Phoenix, at 11:30 at night, and had no idea where we were going. Good times!

(Side note to Stacey- My mind is still reeling from all the great subjects we touched on that night! Thank you for the wisdom you imparted and I can’t wait to put my thoughts to paper, or computer screen.)

And lastly, I tried Pioneer Woman’s Pasta With Bacon and Mushrooms recipe tonight and posted my thoughts on the What’s For Dinner site. While I’m a little annoyed at myself for not reading through the recipe in its entirety first (a rookie mistake) and accidently cooking 4x the amount of bacon than was required, I can’t help but think that one can NEVER have too much bacon. (Right, Mary?!)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
9:54 PM delete

1. I LOVE the new design.
2. Can I have a spring design (hee hee)?
3. I'm still impressed by how well all the kids did.
and 4. I wish I got to know Uncle Scott better in later years too.

Reply
avatar
10:56 PM delete

LOVE your new desgin!!!!! so pretty

Reply
avatar
Mary
AUTHOR
5:46 AM delete

LOVE the new look! And no, my friend, one can NEVER have too much bacon. :)

Reply
avatar