To Vent or Be Thankful

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-

There are times that I want so badly to vent all my frustrations and annoyances all over the internets, here on my blog, on Facebook, and Twitter. But I know the minute I post a status update, tweet, or a post that allows me to expel those emotions, I will instantly regret it. After all, behind every single frustration and annoyance of mine, lies a real person, a family member, friend, even a coworker, who may get hurt by my words. And to air my feelings with the world wide web, at the expense of hurting someone else, just isn’t worth it in my book.

But don’t think for one moment that I’m not giving voice to my emotions or thoughts; my poor husband must listen to my endless tirade until all of it has been drained. Poor guy! He really is a trooper for lending me his shoulder and his ear. I’m so appreciative of him that will let me talk in circles until I’ve exhausted every point two or three times, who then offers some encouragement or a thought to calm me down. Of course, on occasion, he has been known to fuel the flame until I’m completely riled up again, but I’m choosing to ignore those times right now.

Right now, I’m just incredibly thankful for my husband. For a man who, in spite of all my imperfections and failings, chooses to walk alongside me. For encouraging me in my crazy schemes and endeavors… for making me laugh… for never pointing fingers or blaming… for sharing the burden… for trying his hardest. For a man who loves me for me. Though he has his own faults and failings, he is the man that I am honored to share my life with and even though I’m not a believer in soul mates, is a perfect fit for my crazy.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

2 comments

Write comments
Jenna
AUTHOR
9:24 PM delete

Yah, for wonderful husbands!!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:42 PM delete

Aww, I like this post. I can't believe I don't drive Caleb completely crazy too. I definitely exhaust my point several times too. We are blessed to have these men in our lives, aren't we?!

Reply
avatar