She is Braver Than I

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4 Comments A+ a-

I came across some pictures on our hard drive last night. These were taken during a fishing trip with Jon last summer. Let me tell you what was running through my head as I clicked through the photos.




  1. Ewwwwww! I can't believe she's touching that fish. And a headless one at that!
  2. Is she playing with his mouth?!
  3. She is SOOOOO not my daughter.
  4. Did Jon make her wash her hands when she was done?
  5. Did she catch that all by herself?
  6. Look how proud she is!
  7. Love the freckles across her nose and cheeks.
  8. She is beautiful, and growing up so fast.
  9. I love that she loves fishing with her daddy.
  10. She is a braver person than I...


But I truly, truly pray that Jon made her wash her hands.

Hard.

Twice.

With Lyesol.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Mindy
AUTHOR
3:25 PM delete

Just think, she will be all the stronger if she didn't wash her hands ;)

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
8:19 PM delete

That's awesome. I'm amazed at how brave my kids are too with yucky stuff. So thankful for husbands!
(Love your new design too!)

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:20 PM delete

She's so beautiful

Reply
avatar
Marie.
AUTHOR
6:59 PM delete

That's awesome! I couldn't touch a live fish!

And lol @ washing her hands with lysol!

Reply
avatar