Random with a Side of Valentines

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7 Comments A+ a-

I do believe this is going to be the most random of all posts…

Yesterday we finally got Reagan in for her one-year well-child check-up. And if you’re doing the math in your head, yes, it was a good six weeks late. Ready for the stats?! At one-year (+ six weeks), Miss Reagan weighs in at a whopping 16lbs, 3ozs, and is 26 inches tall. She is by far the tiniest out of all three children. Miss Devyn weighed 19+ lbs at her 1st birthday and Hudson weighed 18+ lbs at his first birthday. So while Miss Reagan is one of the most mobile one-year-olds (+six weeks) around, she is still chilling in her infant car seat, facing backwards. And I don’t expect that to change any time soon.

Hudson turns three years old in less than a week! Truly, I’m in awe at how fast time has flown. We’re holding his party the weekend AFTER his birthday, seeing as how the weekend before is Valentine’s weekend. Has Mama done any planning for said birthday?! Of course not. I really need to get on that, don’t you think?

Late Sunday night, early Monday morning, I woke to incredible hearing loss in my right ear. I figure it was plugged up from the recent cold we had but it would NOT become unplugged. So while at Reagan’s check-up, I asked Dr. Susie if she would mind looking at my ear, which she was happy to do. Come to find out I perforated my eardrum and that pus is draining from the ear. I’m on a mighty antibiotic and eardrops; hopefully all will heal in time. In the mean time, I can’t hear a thing and I’m shouting, “What?!” throughout the house, sufficiently driving Jon and the kids nuts. It’s very inconvenient.

In about two hours I’m dragging all three kids to Devyn’s school to register Miss Paige for kindergarten. I truly can’t believe that this time has arrived and that I’ll have a school child in the fall. Wow! Thankfully, I have a little girl who hasn’t quite gotten the memo and still loves to cuddle in her mama’s lap, as she’s doing right now as I type this. I’m going to miss this so much someday…

And now some Valentine-themed photos to tickle your fancy…











I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
Timmarie
AUTHOR
8:18 AM delete

I can't believe we have kindergarteners! Also, Little Reagan is so teeny tiny - I love it!

I heart the coffee mug.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
8:34 AM delete

You made me laugh out loud "to give to... no one"
Tell him he can give one to his aunt Ney!

Reply
avatar
8:41 AM delete

Well Reagan is officially smaller than Aaron. He weighed in at 16 lbs 5 ounces and 27 1/4 inches for his six month check up! She is so cute and petite!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
2:06 PM delete

A kindergartener???

And I could just eat Reagan up with her cute little petiteness. Tell her she can come hang with her cousin, he can give her some tips so she can be forward facing sooner...

Reply
avatar
Wendy
AUTHOR
3:09 PM delete

Can't believe it's time for her to go to school!!

Love the pictures!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
3:18 PM delete

How did we get such little girls? Oh, wait. Ha ha!
I can't believe Devyn is going to be in kindergarten next year. Where has the time gone?

Reply
avatar
Miss
AUTHOR
7:54 PM delete

Hi! I just came across your blog somehow....and I have to say that in the "about me" section I started to laugh b.c you referred to your group of kids as your brood (my blog is Bill Miss and Brood!!)
and that fact that your parents call you munchkin...my husband has always called me Munchkin(butt)! Anyways, it just made me laugh.
Two totally random words that describe both of us! =) Miss

Reply
avatar