That's my boy!

Friday, January 15, 2010 3 Comments A+ a-

Last night Hudson woke up three times! Three times!! And even as exhausted as I am today, nothing compares to Rachel’s story. And quite frankly, I want to reach through the internet and give her a huge hug; no one should have to live through a night like that. I apologize for the sidetrack but seriously, can you imagine?!?

Back to my Hudson stories.

After the first waking at 1:00am, I picked Hudson up and carried him back to his room. I gave him a drink of water, tucked the blankets around his little body, kissed him on the cheeks, and turned to head back to bed. Then I heard the pitiful voice of a sick little boy saying, “Pray, Mama, pray?”

Of course I can’t say no to that and so I turned back and knelt next to his bed. I cupped his tiny hands in mine and we prayed our usual nighttime prayer. As we drew closer to the end, he whispered, “Sick, Mama.” And I knew he wanted me to pray for his sick little body. By the time I whispered, “Amen” he was already drifting back to sleep.

Then this afternoon.

I called Alli to let her know that I was able to get Hudson in for a doctor appointment and then I asked to talk to Hudson. He gets on the phone, we chat for a minute, and then he says, “Mama! Watch this!”

Ummm. We’re on the phone.

He then proceeds to take one of those long tubular things and starts whistling. He pauses a moment to shout into the phone, “Are you watching Mama?” And his concert started again.

When he got back on after finishing with a nice crescendo, I applauded his efforts and we said our good-byes. I’m still smiling after that conversation.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Rachel
AUTHOR
3:52 PM delete

I obviously recognized the inherent humor in the situation, so I won't blame anyone for laughing. I wish I could get that hug today. Dang! :)

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Reply
avatar
Mindy
AUTHOR
9:51 PM delete

Just read about half your friend's story....
I pray to the Good Lord that that NEVER EVER EVER happens to me...
I don't handle vomit well and Brian doesn't do poop...
Here is to being new parents in a few months!

Love your story BTW

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
11:03 PM delete

That story brought a smile to my face too. I love him.

Reply
avatar