Some Randoms

Friday, January 29, 2010 7 Comments A+ a-

It’s been some heavy topics around this blog lately; I think it might be time to lighten things up a bit. So I thought I’d just toss some random thoughts from life right now.

We had Kindergarten Orientation for Devyn this past week. And as I sat next to Katie, listening to the teachers talk about all that Devyn will learn next year and how we can better prepare her for next year, I was overcome that this time has arrived. I’m going to cry on her 1st day of school. I just know it.

My coworker, the one who made this gorgeous jewelry, made another piece for me. She calls it “Peas in a Pod”. Isn’t it beautiful?!

Hudson is suddenly very invested in his baseball caps at the moment. One is green with a ball of some sort on it and the other is brown with a picture of Curious George. Hudson is now going to sleep with these baseball caps on, freaking out if it gets lost in the night. And last night it even went into the bath with him.

Life is happening right now, big life “stuff” and not all of it pretty, and really none of it directly involves me. So it’s even more surprising that I’m learning some big lessons regarding myself and my life, while watching loved ones go through their stuff. I don’t think I’ll ever get to share the details of the situations, but I hope to share what I’m learning as it touches my life.

Do you remember my goal for organization in 2010? I had no idea how on earth I was going to accomplish that and then Jon’s mom came for a visit and blessed us me in a huge way! Some might mind their mother-in-law organizing their home, but I am not one of those women. I love her for it! Even if I am very embarrassed that she saw my home in that way. But organization is not one of my skill sets. And that is the understatement of the year.

We have our W2s and are getting ready to file taxes. We’re hoping for a good tax return, and in turn, already discussing what to do with the money if it comes to pass. We should do the responsible thing and pay off bills but the beaches of Mexico sound so divine right now too, and we haven’t had a romantic vacation since our honeymoon eight years ago. Be responsible. Or be extravagant. Hmmmm.

Reagan is turning into our little chatterbox, and after having two slow talkers, we’re just amazed at the things that she already says. She can say “Bye Papa”, “Hi Daddy”, and “Kiss”. Just recently she started bringing me toys, holding them up to my lips, and saying, “Kiss”. She’s kind of bossy too.

Have I mentioned that she gets her bossiness from her daddy? It’s true. Just last night Jon was telling me to scoot over, to stop hogging the covers, to put my leg back over there, and on and on. I got fed up with it and reached over for some chest hair, which then turned into a wrestling match at 11:00 at night, all while trying to keep our screams of pain down so as not to wake the kids. Even 12 years later, I love that we still enjoy moments like those.

Much to Hudson’s dismay, as of two or three nights ago, Reagan has developed an interest in his matchbox cars. She is even making car sounds as she drives Hudson’s cars up and down the couch, which Hudson then responds to by screaming, “No!” and taking them away from her. She responds by screaming bloody murder and hitting him back. I told you its going to be a volatile relationship.

And lastly, if you think of it, pray for Jon’s sanity as my body returns to normal hormone levels. (I truly despise that my body is so sensitive to hormone changes.) In the past month, I have stopped breastfeeding Reagan, gone on birth control pills, gone off birth control pills, and now my body is trying to figure out what the heck is going on. So my emotions have been on a never-ending ride of ups and downs. (And no, I’m not pregnant. I checked.)

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

7 comments

Write comments
2:55 PM delete

I have one of Sarah's Images Behind Glass pendants and love it! She really does do beautiful work. :-)

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
3:36 PM delete

off the pill?!?! Jenn, Jenn, Jenn... Can't wait for our coffee date!

Reply
avatar
KatherineAnne
AUTHOR
3:44 PM delete

The necklace is gorgeous! I'll be saying a prayer that your hormones calm down...I am pretty sensitive to mine as well, I guess some are more than others :).

I think it is so cute that you and your husband still have play "fights", I hope Mr. B and I can keep that part of our relationship alive and well throughout our marriage.

Happy Friday!
xo,
KA

Reply
avatar
Timmarie
AUTHOR
5:02 PM delete

I totally cried on Addie's first day. I have the first of several meetings for Brody starting next week. And then I plan on promptly having another baby, because there is no way I can only have school aged kids.

Also, go for the extravagant. And if you can't, make it happen next year!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
10:35 PM delete

Love the necklace. I love Reagan and Hudson's relationship too. ;)

Reply
avatar
2:38 PM delete

Beautiful necklace! Sending up prayers!

Reply
avatar
Rebecca
AUTHOR
5:38 PM delete

It makes me smile reading your posts. Your family is great! Can't wait to see you all in person in March, we'll be in Ft. Collins the whole month. We'll talk more then.

Reply
avatar