All The Ways We Fit

Monday, January 11, 2010 5 Comments A+ a-

Hudson is sick. He's been sporting a fever since yesterday and woke at 4:00 this morning. When I went to his room, he pointed to the rocking chair and grabbed a blanket off his bed, then climbed into my lap. I pulled the blanket snugly around his body and we rocked.

As the chair moved into a quiet cadence, I was awed at how he fit on my lap. His legs pulled up to his chest, cuddling as close as he could. He fit perfectly in my arms.

As perfectly as Jon's hand fits on the small of my back or the nape of my neck.

As perfectly as my hand fits over Devyn's as I guide her fingers over the formation of numbers and letters.

As perfectly as Reagan fits on my hip.

As perfectly as Hudson's head fits right under my chin.

As perfectly as my arms fit around Jon when we're sleeping.

As perfectly as Reagan's fingers fit with mine as she uses them to steady her walking.

As perfectly as Devyn fits against my chest when watching movies.

As perfectly as Jon's hands fit when they cup my face.

As perfectly as Hudson's hand fit in mine when we're crossing a street.

As perfectly as Devyn fits against my side as she curls into me for comfort from a nightmare.

As perfectly as Reagan's head fits on my shoulder.

Yes, this life and all its blessings, seem to fit me perfectly.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
10:26 PM delete

Ha ha! I was looking for the "like" button on facebook. Great post.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
10:41 AM delete

very romantic sweet friend! "As perfectly as a good friend's words minister to my hurting soul;)"

Reply
avatar
Jenna
AUTHOR
1:51 PM delete

A perfect fit! Love the post, very beautiful.

Reply
avatar
Paula
AUTHOR
5:24 PM delete

Beautiful and perfect!!

Reply
avatar
Dareth
AUTHOR
12:09 PM delete

What a beautiful post!

Reply
avatar