Welcome Holy Child

Friday, December 25, 2009 4 Comments A+ a-

My sister, Christine, sang this in the Christmas Eve service last night. Let me brag a moment, she did a phenomenal job! And its a beautifully written song.

I pray that you'll let the words sink into your soul this Christmas morning.

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
Written by: Chris Rice

Tears are falling,
hearts are breaking
How we need
to hear from God

You've been promised,
we've been waiting
Welcome Holy Child
Welcome Holy Child

Hope that you don't
mind our manger
How I wish
we would have known

But long awaited
Holy Stranger
Make yourself at home
Please make yourself at home

Bring your peace
into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled

World now breaking
Heaven's silence
Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world

Fragile finger
sent to heal us
Tender brow
prepared for thorn

Tiny heart
whose blood will save us
Unto us is born
Unto us is born

So wrap our injured
flesh around You
Breathe our air
and walk our sod

Rob our sin
and make us holy
Perfect Son of God
Perfect Son of God

Welcome to our world

"For unto YOU is born this day in... a Savior, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

Merry Christmas!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

4 comments

Write comments
Timmarie
AUTHOR
6:28 PM delete

gorgeous song.

Reply
avatar
Kendra
AUTHOR
8:00 PM delete

I love the song and I'm so sorry we missed it...and Christine singing it in her absolutely beautiful voice! We were at the 7 pm service! Darn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:58 PM delete

Thanks Jenn! You're too sweet. I love that song.

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
11:11 AM delete

Oh those words are beautiful! I wish I had been there.

Reply
avatar