Looking Back

Thursday, December 31, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

Wow! The decade is almost over. Seriously, where did the time go?

Ten years ago, I was a young coed living in a house full of other girls, living a life that was… well… hmmm… not so pure or Christian-like. No excuses, that’s just where I was in life. And thank goodness He can meet us anywhere, right?

What’s happened in these last ten years?

I’ve lived in five different homes/apartments, not including moving into and out of my parents’ house three times.

I’ve had three different cars: a gray station wagon, a blue Honda Civic, and now a bluish-greenish Kia Sedona.

I said “yes”, and then I said “I do”.

Numerous health issues, including finally getting a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after living for years with symptoms and no answers. And I can’t forget having a lump removed from my breast mere months after our wedding.

We’ve owned three dogs; losing two of them to a tragic accident.

The excitement of seeing two pink lines for the first time, scratch that, the excitement of seeing two pink lines any time. And the beautiful, healthy children we were blessed with.

We became the proud owners of a new house.

We’ve been to Mexico, Wyoming, North Carolina, Florida, and California.

This list doesn’t even include all the lessons learned, experiences shared, fights fought, compromises sought , make-ups enjoyed, friends lost, friends made, deaths of loved ones, births rejoiced over, tears shed, memories created, laughter shared, achievements celebrated, fears suppressed, or prayers answered.

My God has been good to me!

I can’t even begin to imagine the journey God has in store for us in the year and decade ahead. I’ll tell you this much though, I’m excited. And looking forward to 2010!

Have a safe and blessed New Year.

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
3:42 PM delete

Has it already been ten years since you lived in that house?! Holy cow...
Love the new layout Jenn!

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
3:43 PM delete

Great post Jenn. I love the new design too.

Reply
avatar
marianne
AUTHOR
8:17 AM delete

Love ya!!

Reply
avatar