Upcoming Crazy and Chaos

Thursday, November 05, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

I am tired this Thursday morning… it was a long night. Reagan hasn’t been feeling very well, congested from a runny nose/cold and therefore is suffering from overall grouchiness; Hudson was up and wanting a “dink” about 1:00am, and then Devyn woke later wanting to be tucked in again. That is why you found me gorging on Gold Fish crackers at 3:00 in the morning. I don’t know what to say… it just sounded good in that moment and the first handful just didn’t quench my craving. But I’m currently doing everything in my power to keep my eyes open. I am THAT tired.

On the other spectrum, my mind is reeling from my to-do list and again I’m forced to question God’s wisdom in deciding that we needed to add two birthdays (three if you count my niece, Elliana, which I do) during these next two months. Seriously, God?! Why?! Didn’t you think I had enough on my plate?

I digress. Back to my to-do list:

  • Create and send out birthday invitations for Devyn’s 5th birthday party. (5 years?! Already?!?)
  • Host said birthday party.
  • Sew Hudson’s stocking.
  • Finish Christine and Courtney’s Christmas blog designs.
  • Put together the details for a Holiday Recipe exchange we’re doing on “What’s For Dinner”.
  • Finish up the details for the holiday specials on Munchkin Land Designs.
  • Celebrate Thanksgiving with Jon’s side of the family.
  • Implement a huge project at my other job.
  • Get some family candid photos taken for Christmas cards and write our Christmas letter.
  • Send Christmas cards.
  • Decorate for the holidays.
  • Celebrate the one-year birthdays of our two precious babies, Elliana and Reagan. (I can’t believe it’s been a year already!)
  • Celebrate Christmas with my side of the family.

Oh, and I can’t forget repainting our kitchen.

My sister Allison graciously watched the two younger ones for me on Monday so I could spend the whole day getting color on our plain-jane walls. It was a long day, and I was exhausted from the day’s efforts. The agonizing part? What was supposed to be a gorgeous autumn-gold color is actually mustard-yellow. Seriously. It looks like crayola crayon threw up in our kitchen. And I need to change it… fast. Jon is threatening to move out. (Not really, but he does hate it.) Sigh. A whole day wasted.

Honestly, it sounds like I’m complaining but I do love being busy! I seem to be one of those people who thrive on the crazy and chaos that is coming up. I have no doubt, however, that I will need some down time too.

Bring it on! I’m ready for the upcoming holidays and so looking forward to creating new traditions with my littles.


I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Christine
AUTHOR
5:14 PM delete

At least it won't be as crazy as last year (let's hope anyway).
I can't believe the Holiday season is already here!

Reply
avatar
Courtney
AUTHOR
5:18 PM delete

If you want I can help make Hudson's stocking. I love doing those things!

Reply
avatar
Katie
AUTHOR
8:17 AM delete

Ahh friend,the joy of the holidays! Try to take it one day at a time. Enjoy it! We are celebrating, remember? I hear you though, things are really starting to pile up fast at my house too.
We missed you at MOPS! I hope eveyone will be feeling better soon!

Reply
avatar