Oh, so bittersweet!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 5 Comments A+ a-


She turns five today... and despite all her excitement, my heart aches. My baby is five, and such a little girl now. So beautiful, so sensitive, so loving and kind.

Where did my baby go? When did she grow into such a beautiful little girl?

I ache because time marches on... I ache because her world is growing, a world that can, at times, be cruel, and I can no longer shelter her from it... I ache at the thought that she now skims my ribcage, when she used to fit in the crook of my arm... I ache the ache of mothers past, present, and future.

My Devyn Paige. You are such an amazing little girl; I delight in you! You are so very sweet, sensitive, kind, and loving. You make me smile, you make me laugh, and I cherish each passing moment. You, my daughter, are one of the biggest treasures I've ever received! Happy 5th Birthday, my love! May it be a year full of adventures!



I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

5 comments

Write comments
Courtney
AUTHOR
2:48 PM delete

That's my new favorite picture of Devyn, I love that girl!

Reply
avatar
Deidre
AUTHOR
7:32 PM delete

Oh, I can SO relate! My oldest turned 8 yesterday :(

She is beautiful, Jenn.

Reply
avatar
Joy
AUTHOR
9:33 PM delete

It is amazing to watch them grow. Hope she enjoyed her birthday.

Also my computer wouldn't let me comment on the previous post. Which is fine because I don't want to sign-up for the giveaway, but I do want you to know that I enjoy reading your blog!
My name: Joy
My location: Germany
How I found you: Jessica
How long: no idea, maybe 2 years?
Fav drink: peppermint mocha

Reply
avatar
Christine
AUTHOR
9:14 PM delete

Okay, you made me cry.
I've loved being a part of Devyn's life and watching her grow. I can't believe she's 5.

Reply
avatar
Sarah
AUTHOR
9:38 PM delete

we had such fun celebrating with you tonight! Is that picture a crop from one I took? Same outfit and hair, but I'm not remembering the shot. Get some rest tonight!

Reply
avatar